What (in your opinion) Is the easiest fish to keep for beginners?

ultraArcite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have 30 gallons, a captive-bred royal gramma is the way to go. They eat everything, they're super friendly, and so fun to watch.

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What (in your opinion) Is the easiest fish to keep for beginners?
I think a beginner would first need to plan out the livestock that they want to keep in their tank. After a plan has been made, they should then add the most peaceful fish from that list first and work they way up to the most aggressive. This is the best approach. You don't want to add a fish just cause it's "easy" to keep and then later on find out that fish will eat that awesome shrimp that you've been wanting from the beginning. Also if your water good most fish will be easy to keep.

Charles Zinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why i didnt buy andreas. Lol. Kool awsome fish that just stared at you like you were its next meal. I was worried it would be the only fish left...
D
I have a nephew by my sister's marriage he was out fishing off shore west of Immokalee rd. They were fighting a barracuda when it charged the boat and jumped into the boat and latched onto his arm...this story made it into offshore monsters. We were worried he'd never get the use of his hand back...it took several years for the swelling to go down and he luckily gained the flexibility in his hand.

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend that if your tank is under 55 gallon, bypass the damselfish all together. There's a lot of beautiful fish to buy, Gobies, Clownfish, Pajamas & Chromis. Damsels are notoriously territorial and if you don't have plenty of room, those fish are a terror

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alot of people saying Cardinals, I've had 3 bangaiis and they where all the pickiest eaters of any fish I've ever had.

I almost never see mine eat, but it's definitely getting plump. Sometimes it'll chase mysis around but otherwise I'm not sure when and how it's actually feeding.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new and so far i added
2 common clowns
Gold streaked blennie
Silver belly wrasse
Ywg + pistol shrimp
And all getting along great so far ( occasionally if pistol out the burrow and wrasse gets to close the goby chases the wrasse away and boy has that goby got a big mouth.
With all the research i been doing i thought i would have huge die offs and every fish will be diesesed and adding shrimp they would just die lol but so far nothing died.
2 tuxedo urchins
6 mini hermits
3 red legged scarlet hermits
6 nas snails
6 trouchus snails
2 conchs and nothing died yet ( touch wood then touch better wood my head lol )
But only 4 months in so early days yet,tried giving the fish enough space all ehile having enough rocks/hide holes/ swim throughs and let fish break the line of sight to try help with agression and 10% wc every week and if gets to be detritus building up then siphon out but try keep my hands out as much as possible
Will add another......
Blennie
Wrasse
Fox face
Coral beauty
Then possible some sand sifting fish or scotter blennie or possible mandarin but at minimum at 1 year mark but will see how tank progresses when at the time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back