What is a fish that you bought that wasn’t worth it in the end?

BRS
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
Top Shelf Aquatics

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Aiptasia-eating filefish.

It did what it was supposed to do, then it went on to eat several hundred dollars' worth of corals.
Mine didn't even do that (which I guess is a good thing so it stays away from my zoas) but I agree with this. It's such a sad looking fish, I really hate that it even became an aquarium fish. If I could pay to put it back in the ocean I would.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Mine didn't even do that (which I guess is a good thing so it stays away from my zoas) but I agree with this. It's such a sad looking fish, I really hate that it even became an aquarium fish. If I could pay to put it back in the ocean I would.

Personally I loved the fish - really unique, and had quite a bit of personality. But eating corals is the third-fastest way to get yourself banished from my tank. Second-fastest is to eat another fish... fastest way is to jump. =)

BRS

Trouble1375

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Diamond Gobies - no one told me they jump like crazy - first time it happened I assumed it was because the tank was messed up (literally had to do a 90% water change). Replaced that one and the 2nd one tried jumping, hit the hood door and landed back in the tank with a bent spine unable to swim.

Avast

AJsReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Moorish Idol for me. Hands down favorite fish, researched as much as I could supplemented with sponge in its diet and still died around the 6-8 month mark. Regret it as I read all the posts with a similar timeline. IMO, best left in the ocean.

Zoanthids
Reef Breeders