What is a fish that you bought that wasn’t worth it in the end?

BRS
https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

IKD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
McDonald’s fish sandwich. Was so much tartar sauce I could barely taste the frozen cod fishy flavor. And don’t get me started about the ending after only a few hours....

Avast

Tuffyyyyy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Aiptasia-eating filefish.

It did what it was supposed to do, then it went on to eat several hundred dollars' worth of corals.
Mine didn't even do that (which I guess is a good thing so it stays away from my zoas) but I agree with this. It's such a sad looking fish, I really hate that it even became an aquarium fish. If I could pay to put it back in the ocean I would.

Biokabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Mine didn't even do that (which I guess is a good thing so it stays away from my zoas) but I agree with this. It's such a sad looking fish, I really hate that it even became an aquarium fish. If I could pay to put it back in the ocean I would.

Personally I loved the fish - really unique, and had quite a bit of personality. But eating corals is the third-fastest way to get yourself banished from my tank. Second-fastest is to eat another fish... fastest way is to jump. =)

Corals.com

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Diamond Gobies - no one told me they jump like crazy - first time it happened I assumed it was because the tank was messed up (literally had to do a 90% water change). Replaced that one and the 2nd one tried jumping, hit the hood door and landed back in the tank with a bent spine unable to swim.

First Choice
BRS
Tidal Gardens