What is a fish that you bought that wasn’t worth it in the end?

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a fish that was super hyped up for you but when you bought it, it wasn’t worth the money.?

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably my Colin’s Angel. It was a beautiful fish but I felt terrible when I died due to not eating. One that should probably stay in the ocean

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia-eating filefish.

It did what it was supposed to do, then it went on to eat several hundred dollars' worth of corals.
Mine didn't even do that (which I guess is a good thing so it stays away from my zoas) but I agree with this. It's such a sad looking fish, I really hate that it even became an aquarium fish. If I could pay to put it back in the ocean I would.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine didn't even do that (which I guess is a good thing so it stays away from my zoas) but I agree with this. It's such a sad looking fish, I really hate that it even became an aquarium fish. If I could pay to put it back in the ocean I would.

Personally I loved the fish - really unique, and had quite a bit of personality. But eating corals is the third-fastest way to get yourself banished from my tank. Second-fastest is to eat another fish... fastest way is to jump. =)

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond Gobies - no one told me they jump like crazy - first time it happened I assumed it was because the tank was messed up (literally had to do a 90% water change). Replaced that one and the 2nd one tried jumping, hit the hood door and landed back in the tank with a bent spine unable to swim.

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
McDonald’s fish sandwich. Was so much tartar sauce I could barely taste the frozen cod fishy flavor. And don’t get me started about the ending after only a few hours....
;Smuggrin

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moorish Idol for me. Hands down favorite fish, researched as much as I could supplemented with sponge in its diet and still died around the 6-8 month mark. Regret it as I read all the posts with a similar timeline. IMO, best left in the ocean.

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine aren’t fish they are inverts.

both blood shrimp and coral banded shrimp never and I mean never come out!!! That was a waste of $100

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back