What is a fish that you bought that wasn’t worth it in the end?

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helfrichi firefish. He was the first fish in the tank. He had the tank to himself for over a year. Since day one he hides all day long in his cave except when it's time to eat. Won't swim around for food but hides under a rock shelf that is one inch off of the sand waiting for the food to come near his month.

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helfrichi firefish. He was the first fish in the tank. He had the tank to himself for over a year. Since day one he hides all day long in his cave except when it's time to eat. Won't swim around for food but hides under a rock shelf that is one inch off of the sand waiting for the food to come near his month.
Good to know. This was on my to buy list

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Invert for me. Pistol shrimp, got tired of it rearranging the tank every single day.

JayStro81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf angels. I tried a coral beauty and a flame. The flame is my favorite saltwater fish. Unfortunately they both went to town on my coral. The flame would harass the sps and the beauty had an appetite for lps. Never again

BradB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame angel. I don't know why, but for me they don't have as much personality as other angelfish. Ends up just being a bright orange object that makes the tank more colorful.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so much the money aspect, but I was excited to try and add a dwarf angel to my tank and after it grew a bit I really lost my love for it... also the thing ate my NPS gorgonian nipping and nipping away...

So I guess I would say my regret purchase really is my Cherub angel... the 25 buck hype was not worth it

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that sucks. My firefish will always stay out of it's cave until the lights turn off and it goes to sleep.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA mandarin, I just wasnt able to keep it alive.
In a bigger tank I may try again someday

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably my sharknose goby. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but it was responsible for introducing a bad ich outbreak. Ironic, since I bought it to clean potential ich off of my other fish. I would definitely try one again, now that I've gotten into the quarantine practice. However, at the moment, it felt like I wasted money on buying a fish with parasites, especially with the intention to clean parasites...

MohH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bellus angelfish....the male picked on almost all other fish... i still cant figure out how or why the male died... still have the female a bit of a bully also

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine aren’t fish they are inverts.

both blood shrimp and coral banded shrimp never and I mean never come out!!! That was a waste of $100
I have to agree, especially with the blood shrimp. They just don't come out. The coral banded shrimp is active at feeding time but otherwise stays hidden as best it can.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 - Firefish .... they always disappear, jump out, wind up in the overflow... done trying.
2 - Pajama Cardinals --- snooze fest boring
3 - Chalk bass from Live Aquaria. I wanted one for the longest time. I finally got one and when it showed up, it was like 1/2" long. It went straight to the bottom of the tank like a rock and I'm sure it was eaten by morning. Not saying that I'll never try again but never with LA.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aiptasia eating file fish. Did nothing but eat a few aiptasia and a lot of corals.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back