What is a fish that you bought that wasn’t worth it in the end?

Wick3d_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shrimp were over by the hammers side when I saw them. I wonder why they were fine for two months and maybe now going after them. They are well fed also
We had "peppermint" shrimp in the 90. Caught the little *bad word that starts with an F* eating my ACANS! Yeah, never again! Apparently, there are different kinds of "peppermint" that are difficult to tell apart. These ones are known coral eaters, I can't think of the names

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd always wanted a golden angle, and he was to b our angle choI've in the new build, but after 4 which died witch all had died within 48 hrs. I'm hoping after a long wait I'll succeed but only trying once more in a few years
I once bought a golden angel from a guy on CL whose girlfriend told him it was ugly and that he should sell it. I paid $25. LOL. I had it for years but it sure hid a lot.

MB_Fahrer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind? Mine (Roland's) are model citizens
I do like the coloring on the Roland's also the Talbot's. But I had a devil of a yellowtail. It was in an old 40 gallon tank about ten years ago. He would chase anything I put in to that tank. I had to take a purple dottyback and a diamond goby back to the lfs because I was worried he was going to kill them. Maybe in a bigger tank it wouldn't have been so much of a problem, or maybe I just had "the one". They are great fish in the sense that they're always out and about and give good interest and color to the tank.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had peppermint shrimp that I highly suspected where responsible for eating several euphilia species. I wasn't feeding the tank a whole lot at the time either though. I also had an emerald crab as well, but I'm pretty sure I caught the peppermint shrimp in the act.

A few years ago, I caught a peppermint shrimp pulling the polyps off of a hammer like crazy in my 29 biocube. Didn't look like he was interested in eating it, more like he wanted to find what was underneath. Both had been in the tank for awhile with no issues. I started devising a plan to remove the little murderer without destroying my aquascape, but over time, as I didn't see him doing it again, I kind of forgot about the episode. Eventually, I moved them both to my 125 (they had both grown significantly) and never had another problem. The only thing I can think of is that the shrimp was hungry and foraging for food. It's been too long ago to remember if he was being well fed or not.

I still keep peppermints in the 125, and I haven't seen that kind of behavior since.

Back