OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just the thing, everyone overblows how butterflies eat any and all coral and if you put them in a reef you're basically throwing all your coral in the trash. I'm saying that's clearly not the case. Just look at everything in my reef in that video. You have to know butterflies from each other so you can plan your coral stocking accordingly.
Oh gotcha, I didn't know if it was a widespread issue or not. I like the way they look and your tank looks good with the butterfly fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't heard of that wrasse but I love the colors on it!
In person, the indonesian has even brighter colours. And it’s even more of a joy when they start displaying, both variants really show different colours.
Here’s a photo I got of my Cebu variant in display, I have yet to get a photo of my Indonesian in display but the best way to explain it is his tail goes deep red and he gains some stunning electric blue stripes down through his purple body.
D4D3D6BE-E7C4-4D4D-A47F-56E31FC4DB09.jpeg

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In person, the indonesian has even brighter colours. And it’s even more of a joy when they start displaying, both variants really show different colours.
Here’s a photo I got of my Cebu variant in display, I have yet to get a photo of my Indonesian in display but the best way to explain it is his tail goes deep red and he gains some stunning electric blue stripes down through his purple body.
D4D3D6BE-E7C4-4D4D-A47F-56E31FC4DB09.jpeg
Oh wow, maybe one day you'll get a picture of your Indonesian one, sounds like a colorful fish that's for sure!!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my falco hawk fish. Always propped up on my frag racks or SPS sticks. Reminds me of the Pokémon that has the trees growing on its back.
Poke.png
This one? i just googled "pokemon with tree on back" to try and find an example haha

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any butterflyfish ….
not much mentioned about them anymore

don’t even see them often in any lfs around here
You beat me to it. I was going to mention butterflies. Here are some of mine, Coradion, Black back and Tahitian.
IMG_1550 (1).jpg
IMG_1551.jpg

Any butterflyfish ….
not much mentioned about them anymore

don’t even see them often in any lfs around here

Attachments

• IMG_1552.jpg
    IMG_1552.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 22

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You beat me to it. I was going to mention butterflies. Here are some of mine, Coradion, Black back and Tahitian.
IMG_1550 (1).jpg
IMG_1551.jpg
The coradion is a beauty, how long has it been with you?

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majestic Angelfish.. anyone know of a more beautiful fish? I’d like to see it. Mine (Neptune) has attitude and is super hardy. Got mine at 3” and is 5” now. The bottom pic shows a scar near the tail that was a 1” open gash that happened one day when I was cleaning the tank. Makes mine unique but I call him ‘boof head’ because he is super clumsy. Boss of the tank even though the PT thinks it is lol

2BECA6BC-C724-4C5E-B469-AC1DEA265A9B.jpeg
9E3F9D76-06AC-49F6-836D-E7B6AE9DDCA1.jpeg

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The idea that they don't belong in reef tanks took over a while ago and no one bought them anymore. While the vast majority of butterflies are not reef safe to a degree, that doesn't mean any and all corals will be decimated if they fall in their sightline. I've done a lot of experimenting to find how butterflies really do in reefs, and I have my own delineanations of which types of butterflies go well with most corals, some corals, and almost no corals. It has to do with mouth shape.

I've had a longnose butterfly in my reef for quite a while now, and the only thing he's ever picked at were dying brain corals and once-in-a-while the mantle of a giant clam. They're very smart fish, and he actually prefers to eat from my fingers because it's easier than catching food out of the water with chopsticks on your face.
That is a really cool tank.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majestic Angelfish.. anyone know of a more beautiful fish? I’d like to see it. Mine (Neptune) has attitude and is super hardy. Got mine at 3” and is 5” now. The bottom pic shows a scar near the tail that was a 1” open gash that happened one day when I was cleaning the tank. Makes mine unique but I call him ‘boof head’ because he is super clumsy. Boss of the tank even though the PT thinks it is lol

2BECA6BC-C724-4C5E-B469-AC1DEA265A9B.jpeg
9E3F9D76-06AC-49F6-836D-E7B6AE9DDCA1.jpeg
This is another I love, although I prefer regal angels more in terms of the less reef safe angels.

Seymo44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, it’s fire fish. The regular ole $10 orange beauties that are almost always available. I like to buy a trio and remove the one that gets singled out and end up with a pair. I have a trio in QT right now actually.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re still around it’s just that people are aware of their difficulty now and so they don’t appear often.

This is my now 3 year old CBB being crazy as always :)
5A89AEB3-785E-43C5-B1DF-DB15221A311A.jpeg

Agreed. They’re extremely underrated, even the Cebu Variant is a beauty.
These are my two - Cebu is the bottom photo and the Indonesian variant is the top photo.
88786585-7E5D-4E7B-BCAD-8BA6B3EC789A.jpeg

F1BFFCF7-9BC7-47BE-B45D-034F6F2FB3C1.jpeg
How do you think a CBB would do in a 4 foot 120? I'm willing to put in the work, but I want to make sure it's healthy and lives its best possible life.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you think a CBB would do in a 4 foot 120? I'm willing to put in the work, but I want to make sure it's healthy and lives its best possible life.
This CBB is in a 4’x2’x2’ tank so I know they can definitely thrive in them if the right precaution is taken.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can think of 2 relatively inexpensive fish that no one talk about.
Eibli angel, are very underrated, as everyone talk about the flame angel. I have mine for at least 8 years.

Scissortail dartfish. Everyone talk about firefish. Mine are much less skittish than the firefish and stay out all day. It took me a long time to find some, my LFS rarely had them. Their shape is unsual and their color is pretty. I now have mine for 6 months.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can think of 2 relatively inexpensive fish that no one talk about.
Eibli angel, are very underrated, as everyone talk about the flame angel. I have mine for at least 8 years.

Scissortail dartfish. Everyone talk about firefish. Mine are much less skittish than the firefish and stay out all day. It took me a long time to find some, my LFS rarely had them. Their shape is unsual and their color is pretty. I now have mine for 6 months.
The eibli angel is still a nice-looking fish, its more of a tame color but I like that though about the fish

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back