What is everyone's favorite blenny?

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Biota Here,

Our favorite Blenny right now is our Captive-Bred Forktail Blenny!

Forktail Blenny 1.jpg

They do well in small tanks or in small groups in larger aquariums. This is an incredibly hardy and reef safe aquarium fish with great coloration and personality. We sell them on our Online Retail Store for $35!

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty I like but many have some issues that prevent me from keeping them:
- Bicolor blenny: eats Acropora and difficult to sex or females don't get imported...
- almost all of the Meiacanthus: active swimmers that need larger tanks...
- all the Caribbean and East-Pacific Sailfin Blennies: the issue with them is to get the females as they are often not imported.
- Hancock barnacle blennies: on my list to get them again. Difficult to sex when not mating so you need to get a number of them to have at least one male or one female. Good thing is that they are social and several males get along.
- Starry Blenny: got 2 pairs right now. Fairly easy to sex and a very useful fish to have for keeping algae in check.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two-spot blenny and hope to find one.
It doesn't get too big and did not show interest on my Bubble coral unlike the Tail spot- IME.
Second fave is Panamic Barnacle blenny.

TN_Huskymama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any pictures to share, but I love my lawnmower blenny. His name is "Bender". He is just too darn cute with his derpy face!! :)
Only trouble I have with him is he sure does like to knock my frags around that havnt been glued to any rocks. I am constantly having to reposition some of my frags. He whips around the tank too much sometimes lol

gray808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a Starry, but couldn't find one, and ended up with a Lawnmower. I've ended up really liking him, and named him Edric. Interesting to watch, and seems to know when I have the camera out.

I'd like to get a Starry... will a Starry and a Lawnmower live peacefully together? I've got a Waterbox 70.3, so ~50g DT, and have a pretty good amount of rock, with lots of caves and holes. The Lawmower tends to stay on and around the right-most rockwork, though will occasionally make a foray over to the left.

--Gray

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a Tailspot at the local LFS a few weeks ago and am really happy with it in my SPS tank. Not loads of personality like the Lawnmower in my nano, but fun to watch and always out front. A good fish if you can find one.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love my starry blenny when I had one. Always wanted a midas, but never have gotten one.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back