What is everyone's favorite Dwarf Angel?

What is your favorite dwarf Angelfish?

• Total voters

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had (various) flame and coral beauties in at least 1 tank for almost 50 years… occasionally also have 1 or 2 multifasciatus .
Got a pair of Shepherds in my 500g tank for past 2+ years, like them a lot!

Peppermint has been a dream fish since I first saw it in a book 20-30 years ago.

Peng1606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potters… I have a Potters, Coral beauty, Cherub and a Blue Velvet Angel (first specimen I have ever seen since they were first described about 10 years ago). It’s like black nox but under certain light and angle it’s dark blue in colour.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In no particular order:
1. Flame
2. Colin’s (good that they’re being captive bred in my part of the world)
3. Venustus (same as Colin’s, just harder to come by CB I wonder why)
4. Multibar (same as Colin’s and Venusta, hard to come by)
5. Shepard’s
6. Joculator
7. Lemonpeel and Lemonpeel x Half Black Hybrid
8. “Tigerpyge” (Lemonpeel x Eibli)
9. African Flameback
10. Interruptus

If we had to look at the unobtainable ones:
1. Peppermint (by far)
2. Debelius
3. Nahackyi
4. Resplendent

Large Angels (in no particular order):
1. Blue Line (why aren’t they being bred in captivity more often?)
2. Female Bellus
3. Male and Female Semifasciatus
4. French
5. Asfur
6. Regal
7. Majestic (easy to source CB in my place)
8. Goldflake (easy to source CB in my place)
9. Scribbled
10. Bandit

pscoma17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will play along my vote was for potter's, golden and peppermint. But right now have a knox,flame,coral beauty and just picked up ebil couple days ago

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little curious as to why Bali Aquarich hasn’t worked with much more common species like the Coral Beauty, Flame, Flameback etc. when they’ve already worked with the Colin’s, Multibar, Venusta and a bunch of hybrids.

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quite fond of my half black angel. He is convinced that if he squishes himself against the top of his cave no one can see him, though he tolerates me now at least as the bringer of food. I swear my pink streaked wrasse, the tiniest, meekest creature in my tank, isn’t as much of a scaredy cat.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemonpeel x Half Black, as long as they’re balanced or Lemonpeel leaning in genetics, look great. Adds a bit more of a subtle black but attractive look to the full blooded Lemonpeel. And then I’ve also seen (on Reef Builders) some that have absolutely wild colors. My suspicion is that some of these colors are a result of recessive genes in both species that aren’t expressed / are very rarely expressed unless the hybrid specimen in question is lucky enough to inherit both alleles of one or more of these recessive genes.

Colin’s are pretty too. Both of these are CB with some regularity in my place and are on my list.

This Colin’s pair was tank raised by Baensch and is owned by Copps. Not sure if they’re still alive but I’m sure he had them for 10+ years / has had them.

Taxonomically though there’s debate as to whether the Colin’s, Narcosis, Peppermint and Bandit angels require new genuses other than the Paracentropyge for the first three and Apolemichthys they’re currently put in.

5D193D50-6CCB-49E2-804C-3D5B5F7F189B.png

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My Eibli ( Red Stripe) Angel... love its personality, and its varied yet subtle colour markings. Plays nicely with my Coral Beauty too...

Really glad to see this post. I just got a Eibli in my quarantine. I'll be putting him in my 200 with a coral beauty and I was worried about their relationship. It's a big tank with a whole bunch of rock work. I guess it's always a gamble.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really glad to see this post. I just got a Eibli in my quarantine. I'll be putting him in my 200 with a coral beauty and I was worried about their relationship. It's a big tank with a whole bunch of rock work. I guess it's always a gamble.
First few days were a rough go... I dialed back the lights to half schedule which really seemed to help. After day 3, they seemed to have it sorted. A beautiful combo CB and Eibli. Enjoy!

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No votes for the Keyhole? It's such a gorgeous fish, with that midnight/black body outlined in electric blue.

The multicolor angel really is underappreciated: it's colour gradations are amazing.
I love my multicolor, I think it’s probably one of the if not the most beautiful one. Agree it’s really under appreciated

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time! How did the intro go with CB, and how is the Eibli doing specifically? Mine seems to be a huge fan of picking at the rocks ( not coral) and eats fairly voraciously, especially the more meaty stuff.

Back