What is everyone's tank/reef plans for the weekend?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So what are y'all doing this weekend?

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just normal maintenance for me. Doing a water change. Test levels, dose as necessary. And I think I am going to give my pumps a citric acid bath.

Although I do intend to pull the microscope out and see if what is on my rocks is cyano.

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully nothing lol. I still need to rebuild my light after the driver board got wet and burnt out :/ but I think I'll wait until all of the parts arrive before I get swept up in that

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have much planned this weekend myself. Some maintenance and cleaning, and probably dosing if I get my Triton ICP results back. And my usual parameter testing on Saturday that I do every week.

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of blue throat triggers that will finish up with qt today so will be adding them to my tank. Skimmer is in serious need of a cleaning, lots of coralline buildup from the fuge light, so think I will tackle that. Also a normal water change.
If I feel ambitious, will clean one if my gyres and clean the quartz sleeves for my UV.

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of blue throat triggers that will finish up with qt today so will be adding them to my tank. Skimmer is in serious need of a cleaning, lots of coralline buildup from the fuge light, so think I will tackle that. Also a normal water change.
If I feel ambitious, will clean one if my gyres and clean the quartz sleeves for my UV.

That is always exciting pulling things out of QT. Sounds like you have a lot to do.

I have a Red Sea Gyre that I need to clean this weekend. It has been running for probably 6 or more weeks and I have not cleaned it yet. Need to figure out even how to get it apart. lol

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is always exciting pulling things out of QT. Sounds like you have a lot to do.

I have a Red Sea Gyre that I need to clean this weekend. It has been running for probably 6 or more weeks and I have not cleaned it yet. Need to figure out even how to get it apart. lol
I have a pair of the maxspect fx280s and an old fx150. It took a few times, but once you figure it out they aren't too bad. Not as easy as some powerheads thought. I still don't clean them as often as I should.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back