What is everyone's tank/reef plans for the weekend?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through this. Did a long-awaited water change the other day. Goodness do things look happy. Time to run tests. I hate being lazy in all this time I’m spending at home.

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing general maintenance myself, make water for a water change, do a water change, weekly parameters check. Hoping to get started on building a new canopy for my tank, but not sure if that's going to happen or not. Bought a UV, but it is coming from california and is delayed, as is the plumbing parts I bought from BRS. So looking to do other things that I can do. Partly because they need done, and partly because I am running out of things to do at home.

Deschutes541

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do a water change on Saturday. I'll also be doing more research regarding my 90 gallon build. Before the shelter in place order, my brother and I were planning on building the stand around now. Unfortunately, that's not happening so I don't have much else to do besides learn.

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting my activities today since I just too my last final.

I had microbubbles that were somehow being caused by a gyre, so I'm removing all my wave pumps, installing a new pump and then going to explore what of my old pumps need to be cleaned and put back in.

The new pump should move water better than the gyre, so I suspect I'll at least be removing both gyres, but it's going to need to be a whole new flow layout regardless.

I'm pretty nervous about it actually.

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do a water change on Saturday. I'll also be doing more research regarding my 90 gallon build. Before the shelter in place order, my brother and I were planning on building the stand around now. Unfortunately, that's not happening so I don't have much else to do besides learn.

Learning is a worth while endeavor.

JBulk09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta move over the last 3 fish from my 32g to the new 60g (chromis) then break down the 32 and clean it for a friend then set it back up at his house. Fun stuff!

Oh and move my new corals from the frag rack and glue them into their new homes...hopefully they will be happy where I put them

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
water changes.jpg

JBulk09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing general maintenance myself, make water for a water change, do a water change, weekly parameters check. Hoping to get started on building a new canopy for my tank, but not sure if that's going to happen or not. Bought a UV, but it is coming from california and is delayed, as is the plumbing parts I bought from BRS. So looking to do other things that I can do. Partly because they need done, and partly because I am running out of things to do at home.
Also waiting for my UV to come in so I can install it....actually gonna try something a little weird and plumb it into return line of my carbon/gfo reactor because I have no room on my main return line or room for another pump lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im doing partial water change on 2 of the tanks, and piping on the big tank to a huge skimmer, clean filter socks and also adding some new coral and a single dome MH light (for the clam) on Friday.

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also waiting for my UV to come in so I can install it....actually gonna try something a little weird and plumb it into return line of my carbon/gfo reactor because I have no room on my main return line or room for another pump lol

I wanted to do that, but the recommended flow for my UV is way to much for the reactors, or even my returns.

JBulk09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to do that, but the recommended flow for my UV is way to much for the reactors, or even my returns.
I got the mini reactor from brs and it came with a valve to tune the flow. The problem I'm going to have is that its gonna be on a small loop in the sump which is kind of a waste and figuring out how to go from that small quick connect tube up to a 3/4 tube for the light but I'm sure a torch and some zip ties will get it done haha

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back