What is everyone's tank/reef plans for the weekend?

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the mini reactor from brs and it came with a valve to tune the flow. The problem I'm going to have is that its gonna be on a small loop in the sump which is kind of a waste and figuring out how to go from that small quick connect tube up to a 3/4 tube for the light but I'm sure a torch and some zip ties will get it done haha

This:

And this:

That's how I connected my BRS reactors to my 3/4" manifold.

dsh92056

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really the weekend but more like the week. I've been in the hobby 6 years. I have a 90 mixed reef that rocks and (6) ten gallon tanks plumbed to a sump for clownfish breeding.

I setup a IM 25 lagoon March 5. Cycled with Dr Tims one and only and ammonium chloride (at least that's what I think it's called without waking to the garage to double check) anyways after about 10-14 days or so tank is cycled used caribsea Hawaiian black sand and 15 lbs of two little fishes stax dry rock. Hit the local fish store a day before lock down picked up an elegance coral a royal Gramma and a mccosker's flasher wrasse. Everything was fine until it wasn't. All in they went. Gramma was swimming about doing Gramma stuff. Elegance was open and happy wrasse was hiding once in awhile I'd catch a glimpse of him. About 4-5 days go by and the wrasse is feeling more comfortable and hanging out. Both are eating. Next day elegance is all shriveled up. Ut Oh!!!! I place the elegance in a shaded are and move the light directly off of him (2) AI Primes. Next day I notice the wrasse is flashing. Ut Oh!!! Next day wrasse has what looks like a big butt white pimple on the side of he head. Ut Oh!!!! Nobody is open for meds. Meds will take days to get here. Next day elegance is opening back up and appears healthy. I notice grammas fins are closed and don't really open up. Next day wrasse is swimming weird and starts the death sprial poor little guy. Time to test the water ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 2
Phosphate 0
Temp 77
PH 8.3
Salinity 1.024
Cacium 360
Alkalinity 6.4 (ut oh)
Mag. 1260

Ok dose bionic over the next 4 days and bring alk to 7.6 and calcium to 400

Gramma hasn't come out of the hole he dug for 4 days. Next day dead. I am assuming fin rot but who knows.

Today Melafix arrives start dosing tank for a bacterial disease for 7 days followed by 25% water change and see how things go.

So that's what I'll be doing this week.

Ya think you know **** until you don't.

Knightnaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since working at home as been an option.. ummm staring at my tank and spending way too much money on weekly coral sales. haha

Plus side is, my tank levels are so on point right now that maintenance has been kept to a minimum!

KippaxFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a 300 gallon back in Jan and since I got it in place doing its cycle, all the fish and corals have been in its sump below with half the lights temporarily hung over it, Now its time to move everything up and hope it all makes the transition okay. My poor fox face is going nuts after getting moved from a 120 down to a small section of the sump thats about the size of a 40 gallon

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plumbed all the tubing through the floors for the AWC with my liter meter 3. Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend and send it on a test run. @Snuggs stay healthy, friend. I'm a physician and we've been relatively lucky so far.

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really the weekend but more like the week. I've been in the hobby 6 years. I have a 90 mixed reef that rocks and (6) ten gallon tanks plumbed to a sump for clownfish breeding.

I setup a IM 25 lagoon March 5. Cycled with Dr Tims one and only and ammonium chloride (at least that's what I think it's called without waking to the garage to double check) anyways after about 10-14 days or so tank is cycled used caribsea Hawaiian black sand and 15 lbs of two little fishes stax dry rock. Hit the local fish store a day before lock down picked up an elegance coral a royal Gramma and a mccosker's flasher wrasse. Everything was fine until it wasn't. All in they went. Gramma was swimming about doing Gramma stuff. Elegance was open and happy wrasse was hiding once in awhile I'd catch a glimpse of him. About 4-5 days go by and the wrasse is feeling more comfortable and hanging out. Both are eating. Next day elegance is all shriveled up. Ut Oh!!!! I place the elegance in a shaded are and move the light directly off of him (2) AI Primes. Next day I notice the wrasse is flashing. Ut Oh!!! Next day wrasse has what looks like a big butt white pimple on the side of he head. Ut Oh!!!! Nobody is open for meds. Meds will take days to get here. Next day elegance is opening back up and appears healthy. I notice grammas fins are closed and don't really open up. Next day wrasse is swimming weird and starts the death sprial poor little guy. Time to test the water ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 2
Phosphate 0
Temp 77
PH 8.3
Salinity 1.024
Cacium 360
Alkalinity 6.4 (ut oh)
Mag. 1260

Ok dose bionic over the next 4 days and bring alk to 7.6 and calcium to 400

Gramma hasn't come out of the hole he dug for 4 days. Next day dead. I am assuming fin rot but who knows.

Today Melafix arrives start dosing tank for a bacterial disease for 7 days followed by 25% water change and see how things go.

So that's what I'll be doing this week.

Ya think you know **** until you don't.

Sorry to hear that. Let us know

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a 300 gallon back in Jan and since I got it in place doing its cycle, all the fish and corals have been in its sump below with half the lights temporarily hung over it, Now its time to move everything up and hope it all makes the transition okay. My poor fox face is going nuts after getting moved from a 120 down to a small section of the sump thats about the size of a 40 gallon

Nice, are you doing a build thread?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gonna do some maintenance and maybe some reworking of a couple of things.

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be picking up some pre-cut, beveled glass from a local glass shop today to make a small frag tank. 24x16x8

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back