What is Going In With My Tank?

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm okay. Are there any trusted sites online with safe liverock you'd recommend in case the liverock at the LFS is contaminated?

And I will certainly look into a protein skimmer now. I wasn't sure if it was necessary at this early of a time because I'd have so few fish in it anyways.

Thinking this?

Something like this seem good for my size tank?

I've heard good things about that brand, but I haven't been in the market for a skimmer in a long time. I'd encourage you to start a new post asking for skimmer suggestions. You have about 150G gross system volume. Therefore you'll want a skimmer rated for a little over that. However, you don't want to way over shoot with a skimmer either. My guess is that you want one rated for 200G, but I'm not sure. You can ask all these questions in a new post.

OP
OP
Cetus

Cetus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, sorry I don't know about live rock vendors. That's another good subject for a new thread
Thanks! I'll be updating this page soon as my TRITON Test kit is coming in tomorrow so maybe we'll find out if its heavy metals or whatnot. Regardless I'll be taking your advice. Thanks for all the assistance!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back