What is going on with my clowns

Cmajor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have had these clowns now for a little over 2 months. While in qt i noticed the white fluffy spot on one of the clowns mouth which eventually went away in like 2 days. The clowns are now in my main tank and are the only ones in there with no other living fish or corals. They nip at each other all the time and im not sure if they have just opened wounds on each other and now have infections or what. One seems to have the white puffy mark and the other mouth seems to be all messed up. They are eating fine, not gasping for air or going to the surface. Temp stays at 79. Ph 8.2 am 0 sg 1.025. Not sure whats going on. Looking for any help. They have been this way for about 4 days now. It all seemed to show up overnight.
Here is the link https://youtube.com/shorts/WvmEqDnwqIY?feature=share

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have had these clowns now for a little over 2 months. While in qt i noticed the white fluffy spot on one of the clowns mouth which eventually went away in like 2 days. The clowns are now in my main tank and are the only ones in there with no other living fish or corals. They nip at each other all the time and im not sure if they have just opened wounds on each other and now have infections or what. One seems to have the white puffy mark and the other mouth seems to be all messed up. They are eating fine, not gasping for air or going to the surface. Temp stays at 79. Ph 8.2 am 0 sg 1.025. Not sure whats going on. Looking for any help. They have been this way for about 4 days now. It all seemed to show up overnight.
Here is the link https://youtube.com/shorts/WvmEqDnwqIY?feature=share
I had a lightning clown with tons of personality, but had 13 anemones... bought some ocellaris clowns... lightning bit them until having symptoms like yours until I moved to sump to heal... took couple days to catch him, and in that extra time he'd even rubbed his nose white/off/raw with biting new clowns. He was rehomed after completely healing in sump (nothing for him to bite in sump). I still miss him.

New home, they did trial with tomato clown that had lost mate, and it worked out! I'd sold him with understanding he was LONER clown, so they had plan B & plan C for my lightning clown

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back