What is happening to my Monti?

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those of you who stopped by, my tank has been going through a lot of issues as of late. Something has been attacking my acros eating the flesh and polyps from the edges and working towards the center in most cases; it's some incredibly tiny copepod that I'm still working on imaging - dissection scope is not quite powerful enough, but I can see their movement. And no, its not awef or red bugs. But that's a different issue.

In looking for potential sources of problems late last night I saw my Montipora Undata sloughing off some flesh or mucus last night. I'm not even sure that's what it is, but I managed to snap a picture. The coral has been losing color recently and I suspect that this is due to a spike in phosphates. It seems that I've destabilized the whole system by removing 4 out of 7 of the inhabitants within a week of one another (transferring to a new tank).

Please let me know your thoughts regarding the picture. I'm focusing on the small white patches of... slime? This picture was taken with warm white light used as moon lighting.

PXL_20201128_055117539.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post parameters?
Any coral close buy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back