What is happening to my YWG?

galaik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy developed this white spot a couple of days ago. It seems to be slowly getting worse, but he's still eating.

20190718_132300.jpg 20190718_132600.jpg

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant really tell from your photo but my YWG (who is about 10 years old) changed from bright yellow to a grayish white a couple of years ago. The color change seems to be permanent.

OP
OP
G

galaik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant really tell from your photo but my YWG (who is about 10 years old) changed from bright yellow to a grayish white a couple of years ago. The color change seems to be permanent.
Thanks for the reply! My guy is a couple of months old, so I don't think it's that :(

ducati1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellow Watchmen will sometimes turn bone white and stay that way for a while. Its not "hey is he white or yellow" he goes white white. Hours to a day later he is yellow again. Not sure if its stress or what but he has done it about 4 times in a almost a year

Loggerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Females turn white to grey as they sexually mature. Google female yellow watchman goby. Mine did and started blotchy like that. Unfortunately I lost her due to an unrelated bacterial infection a few months later that ate a hole to her spine.

Loggerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suck at this, but it looks like a bacterial infection to me. @Flippers4pups take a look please
Could be. Mine died a few months later from one. They are kind of common in the ywg, at least common enough to find if you search for goby with hole in it. All pitch I can find if it though has the hole at the dorsal fin, almost like an organ that fails and rots our.

OP
OP
G

galaik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellow Watchmen will sometimes turn bone white and stay that way for a while. Its not "hey is he white or yellow" he goes white white. Hours to a day later he is yellow again. Not sure if its stress or what but he has done it about 4 times in a almost a year
Does he turn all white or in patches?

OP
OP
G

galaik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Females turn white to grey as they sexually mature. Google female yellow watchman goby. Mine did and started blotchy like that. Unfortunately I lost her due to an unrelated bacterial infection a few months later that ate a hole to her spine.

Wow, I've never heard about this before. I'll check it out, thanks!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, because it’s so localized and drastic.

This would be best treated in a quarantine with kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2 for 10-14 days.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back