What is having a bonded pair of long nose hawkfish like?

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 45 and am considering adding a bonded pair I found for sale to my tank. I was wondering if anyone could give insight. Are they likely to be more aggressive than one? Do they flirt? I currently have two clowns, a Benghaii cardinal, and a captive bred dragonet. These would complete my fish additions - would I be likely to have aggression issues with a pair instead of one?

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired my second hawk fish, the two bonded almost instantly. It’s been a few weeks and I love the way they interact with each other.
7F3A353A-95AD-498D-A5E1-CF74D9FDC558.jpeg

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bonded pair and one of them became aggressive to fire fish and clowns. I ended up getting rid of them to restore peace.

OP
OP
djryan2000

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, good question….what is it like?…my LFS has/had a bonded pair of red spotted hawks but I had the same question …
following
I ordered the pair. The few anecdotes I’ve found online were successful. I’ll let you know!

joseph scott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of long nose hawkfish for about 7 years they were both about two inches long when I got them, they were always together in my 168 gallon tank, one got very big 6 inches, while the other only got about 4 inches. The big one got a pronounced hump head like a male salmon cool fish so sad they don’t live that long. The little female died first just stopped eating, followed by the big male about six months later.

OP
OP
djryan2000

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, good question….what is it like?…my LFS has/had a bonded pair of red spotted hawks but I had the same question …
following
I had a pair of long nose hawkfish for about 7 years they were both about two inches long when I got them, they were always together in my 168 gallon tank, one got very big 6 inches, while the other only got about 4 inches. The big one got a pronounced hump head like a male salmon cool fish so sad they don’t live that long. The little female died first just stopped eating, followed by the big male about six months later.
Glad to hear it worked out. Hopefully
Mine do too.. my tank is a bit smaller

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%
Back