What is on my Bowerbanki?

BG107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my other corals are opened up and happy. This bower has never been happy in my tank ): And today I saw all these white things on it. What are they? (its not sand or rocks)

coral sad.jpg

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cannot see anything in the picture, can you take one with blues off? Whites might be Its skeleton poking through, happens when they are not doing well and receding. How are your other corals doing?

-nvm just saw you said other corals doing well. Please post your parameters and lighting, tank details for members to be of better help.

Last edited:

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, can't really see anything white on the coral in that pic... too much blue to be of any use.

OP
OP
B

BG107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sorry! Tomorrow I will take a picture with only the white lights. All my other corals are happy and puffy. Since the first day I got that bower it was never happy, never accepted pellets and never puffed up ):

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sorry! Tomorrow I will take a picture with only the white lights. All my other corals are happy and puffy. Since the first day I got that bower it was never happy, never accepted pellets and never puffed up ):

Sometimes the corals arrive in bad shape and never make it. Happened to me with a bower I got from ebay vendor. It never really recovered whatever I tried. It just faded away slowly. Try not to feed it too much - especially pellets, they can rot; may be move it to different locations and see if there is any improvements.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late night or early morning?
I suspect you are seeing mesentery filaments out for (night) feeding in the water column.

OP
OP
B

BG107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was midday... But they seem to have left. I will try to see what happens to it tomorrow. I hope you're right tho! That means it isnt dying haha.

OP
OP
B

BG107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well all, the entire day the white specks never made an appearance. The banki also looked a lot better today. Interestingggg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back