What is on my hammer I’m about to put in tank?

sascoaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this on my hammer?

image.jpg

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a bit difficult to tell due to the clouded plastic. Is a closer, more focused picture possible?

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When in doubt take it out. Hard to tell but best guess vermitid snail or feather dusters but pic too cloudy

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for vermetid, in my opinion. They came in on a candy cane I got. Recommend cutting off below the candy cane heads to limit introduction, and quarantining several weeks to make sure none are growing. To my knowledge all dips are ineffective, and saw YouTube video of someone removing from water for a day - they all survived

OP
OP
S

sascoaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for vermetid, in my opinion. They came in on a candy cane I got. Recommend cutting off below the candy cane heads to limit introduction, and quarantining several weeks to make sure none are growing. To my knowledge all dips are ineffective, and saw YouTube video of someone removing from water for a day - they all survived
Ok mine is a hammer though, also where do you guys recommend I keep it for the night because I think I’ll need to go to the shop as idk how to do it and I’ve never dragged before?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I’m starting to think it’s not vermitid snails too. If it’s hard and spirals at the base then it’s vermitid. If it’s a bit soft, slimy or bendable then it could be sponge, macro or something cooler like @fish farmer mentioned
1659896323043.jpeg

Homotrema rubrum

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back