What is on this coral beauty?

DHak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white area above the eye started probably 2 months ago, came and went and came back. I thought it was trauma but it looks to be getting worse and additional areas showed up. All other fish have no such spots. It is eating and swimming normally as far as I can tell.
Flukes, fungus? Seems far too slow for ich or velvet. It had no visible spots like this 5 months ago.

Coral Beauty spots 2.jpg Coral Beauty spots.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new fish additions recently? Almost looks like the start of brook

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a secondary bacterial infection from the injury that occurred a couple months back.

Do you have a QT?

OP
OP
D

DHak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a mandarin a month ago but these spots were before that... Prior to that I added a Petco acquired Tomini tang but only after a 60 day quarantine and treatment period. I have added coral after iodine dip

NShirke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would quarantine this fish for any parasite/injury/stress treatment. Before jumping to copper, I treat my fish with either furan 2 or Kordon parasite/fungus treatment product.

OP
OP
D

DHak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a QT tank that was 30g, gave it away now I only have a 10gallon... Would spot feeding medicated food without removal ever help or is that just ****** in the wind?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a QT tank that was 30g, gave it away now I only have a 10gallon... Would spot feeding medicated food without removal ever help or is that just ****** in the wind?
10g would work. I would treat with metro+furan+kanaplex for 14 days. Feeding medicated food wouldn’t do anything here. It’s an external issue so the meds need to be administered through the water column to be effective. You could also use nitrofuracin green it’s just harder to get.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10g would work. I would treat with metro+furan+kanaplex for 14 days. Feeding medicated food wouldn’t do anything here. It’s an external issue so the meds need to be administered through the water column to be effective. You could also use nitrofuracin green it’s just harder to get.

+1 ^ treat metro+furan+kanaplex trifecta for the bacterial infection, 2 weeks in QT. It wouldn't be the worst idea since the angels is eating to feed immune boosters such as zoecon and selcon. Last step I suggest is 5 minute FWD before placing in the QT. Take it from there and good luck!

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Nitrofuracin Green Here: (Cheapest I can find that stocks regularly)

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Nitrofuracin Green Here: (Cheapest I can find that stocks regularly)
NFG is awesome. Fast acting. On some fish it is a wonder drug. Best of luck.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back