What is that thing that you don’t really need, but you definitely want for your reef?

What is that thing that you don’t really need, but you definitely want for your reef?

• Top End Pump

Votes: 19 5.6%
  • Top End Lights

Votes: 60 17.7%
  • Top End Tank

Votes: 61 18.0%
  • Testing machine

Votes: 153 45.1%
  • Artwork

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 32 9.4%

• Total voters

All_talk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it just so I can test all the water, fresh made, and a couple reef tanks. The trident is cool for sure, but I personally hate how it looks and the general direction Neptune systems went since I left the hobby 10 years ago. And yes, I have questioned its accuracy, and double checked with my Hana checkers and titration tests and it’s actually pretty darn close. I’d say within any reasonable margin of error. The only problems I see coming up is in the low range phosphates and nitrates. Lowest it goes of phosphates is .1 below that you still gotta test with something else. And nitrates are 1. But having every test separated out based on tank/location and being able to show specific individual measurements on any combination of tanks is really really helpful and saves soooooooo much time. Definitely worth the price. To put all those number into a spread sheet etc would be quite labor intensive. It has helped my testing because it is just so dang easy.
Any issue with getting refill disk?

Don't need a UV Sterilizer, but, given needing to clean my glass every day (At least once a day to keep it clean), a right sized UV could save 5-9 hours a week of glass cleaning.
I only clean my glass every couple of weeks (if that)... I have lots of snails.

As to the subject of the thread, the Aquaspin sounds cool, the lack of NO3 and PO4 resolution is disappointing. I think I would prefer an Apex unit that would report into Fusion, Trident II anyone?

Back