What is that thing that you don’t really need, but you definitely want for your reef?

What is that thing that you don’t really need, but you definitely want for your reef?

• Top End Pump

Votes: 19 5.6%
  • Top End Lights

Votes: 60 17.7%
  • Top End Tank

Votes: 61 18.0%
  • Testing machine

Votes: 153 45.1%
  • Artwork

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 32 9.4%

• Total voters

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1673467042677.png

Gulper eel. Need it? No. Should I? No. Could I? No. Would I?...

Just kidding, I voted testing, because I'd probably enjoy having automated testing for ALK/CA/MG (and NO3/PO4 if that is a thing), along with other control features.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t need a controller as it would make me much lazier than I already am about my tank, but I’d love a full hydros system with mastertronic and all the works!

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to set up multiple 24/7 recording security cameras. will need three. Don't really need them, but want to monitor the system when I’m not home. Someone has started eating my Zoas and I want to know who is the guilty culprit. Trick will be finding the right lenses to offset the blue lights and cameras with night capability. Work in progress.

Mikey-D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, I want a dedicated fish/maintenance room with adjoining observation room. And I mean not just a closet with a rodi and brute trash can, but the whole 9. Storage, sink with it's on rodi for washing equipment, mixing station, access to the tank for cleaning and placement of coral and fish, a separate tank for observation and acclimation and a separate area ready to go if I have to setup a hospital.

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't need it because I have red sea led lights, but I would like, no love to have the neptune sky lights in my tank but I wonder how long it will last before I no longer notice the difference and want the next interesting gadget Neptune will come up with :face-with-hand-over-mouth: maybe the oxygen sensor too am I allowed more than 1? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: unfortunately it's pay my rent or buy 1 light ( I need 2} or buy the sensor, but something tells me the landlord would be angry with the non payment of his rent no matter how nice my tank might be, decisions decisions? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My corals absolutely and utterly need everything in the setup. All the high end corals, blinding light and skin blowing power heads are must haves. My corals are not getting light to their full potential with 750 PAR. My corals(not me) need more T5s to absorb that missing spectrum between 480 and 485 nm. (JK in case someone takes it seriously).

Sam

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
an Abyzz return pump is one if those things I’d splurge on. If I come into some sort of crazy cash, an entire house built around a 20,000 reef. Every room includes a section of the reef!!

Julbra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want my own ICP OES machine. Something like this:

Also the training to know how to use it ;) And the room to set it up.

Too scared to press the “Request a quote” button though (I expect a 6 digit price).

Last edited:

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The abyzz return is definitely something I would do.

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it’s a top end tank from Reef Savvy. And that’s the tank I bought. I’ve been waiting for it over 2 years now. Some would call me crazy but I’m ok with it as I know it’s a top tier tank.

JetCord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want a good camera and an even better macro lens to take close up pics of my tank inhabitant.
and a good underwater casing for the camera and lens

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back