What is the absolute best food to feed RBTA? to feed or not to feed...

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
I have heard if you have clowns paired with the anemone they will feed the anemone
Beautiful Clowns lets see more!

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have the opposite experience. This anemone hosts a pair of ocellaris clowns, and they steal food from the anemone. I have to fend them off with a turkey baster while the anemone eats. I feed the clowns really well before feeding the anemone, but they will literally take food from the anemone and just let it go. I think it's because they don't like it when the anemone closes to eat.
I'm dealing with the same thing right now! My phantom and mocha widebar gladiator will allow my anemone to eat, however they will not feed it themselves and pick out the scraps!

Dalton Hunter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hardly ever spot feed mine, Maybe once a month if that, Once per week I add 4 tsp (dry measure) of live brine so they do get a good bit of that. The clown typically feeds it pellets from time to time. However, frequent feeding will usually encourage them to split more rapidly.

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there.. I would consider myself pretty successful with BTA's... I don't usually feed them. The clowns will sometimes and the neme's will gather stray mysis from a fish feed....occasionally, I might give one a lil mysis directly if they look like they need it...I have 20+ right now. They split all the time ...and I thin the herd when I get a "glass walker" or easy catch with a post on CL. Nothing like making a few $$ now and then off the nemes considering how much I've spent on this addiction!
image.jpg
That's alot of bta's
When I fed my RBTA for the first couple years in the hobby they did very poorly, I killed a couple, and they split rarely. The following 10 years I've not purposely fed them a single time and they're thriving and I gain one or two new anemones per month

Jowieg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have the opposite experience. This anemone hosts a pair of ocellaris clowns, and they steal food from the anemone. I have to fend them off with a turkey baster while the anemone eats. I feed the clowns really well before feeding the anemone, but they will literally take food from the anemone and just let it go. I think it's because they don't like it when the anemone closes to eat.
My clowns do the same.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back