What is the accuracy of the GHL pH Probe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I know it - it is difficult to give a accuracy of a pH probe - instead are electrode slope and offset from the zero point 7 of importance.

According to Quality Certificate that follow the probes - is the electrode slope at 25 degree C > 95% of the theoretical value (of the slope) and zero offset < 20 mV

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You talking about the meter - not the probe. In GHL´s case it should be the accuracy for the program in the computer and the electronics in the pH unit. I do not know this.

Sincerely Lasse

george7523

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is more puzzling is the fact that GHL decides to package ph7, ph4 calibration fluids with its kh director pack and profilux 4 starter pack. its instruction manual specifically states for saltwater ph7 and ph9 is required. NOT ph4. so it's supplying users with useless calibration ph4 calibration fluid and requiring them to pay an extra $8 to buy ph9 fluids. its confusing and inconvenient. they can't include all 3 fluids for the $800 you pay for the package? ridiculous !

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said before - all P4 starter pack I have seen content pH 4,7 and 9. The KH director does not because it should only be calibrated between 4 and 7. The titration goes down to 4.25 - therefore should the pH probe only be calibrated between 4 and 7.

Sincerely Lasse

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said before - all P4 starter pack I have seen content pH 4,7 and 9. The KH director does not because it should only be calibrated between 4 and 7. The titration goes down to 4.25 - therefore should the pH probe only be calibrated between 4 and 7.

Sincerely Lasse

Hi Lasse,

warmest greetings from a friendly nation of Kazakistan!

I have also seen that titration test goes to PH 4.2 (e.g. Alkatronic/KH Keeper) - do you know why? I was reading Randy's DIY Alkalinity article and was under impression that titration endpoint should be between 4.4 and 4.5?

Borat.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have done a mistake when I said that KH director have 4.25 as break point - I do not know for sure according to KH director - but for Alcatronic - it is 4.25. That I know for sure (I know the developer of that equipment - he is a Swede). It is based on different theories and my friend say that 4.25 is the right endpoint for saltwater.

Sincerely Lasse

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back