What is the best bang for your buck leds

Zazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a T5 on my 90 gallon as well as some cheap leds that do nothing. Trying to spend under 500$ for some good led ehich can handle most corals. Any suggestions?!

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY....no soldering....two strips of gu10 bulbs will do it....about $150, maybe less.

Pdandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put two 165w mars aqua led fixtures on my 75. Less than $200 shipped for both. More than capable to grow almost anything. Just not as much controllability as other lights. No timer.
IMG_5986.JPG

kevlow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of buzzers and bells come with different brand lights. I believe that these are there to make the reefer happy and not the reef. MH systems have been growing beautiful coral for many years with only on/off capability.
If you can live without some of these must have features, then you can save yourself quite a bit right there.

I currently have one 32" SB Reef Light that has out produced and out performed two Radion Gen3 G30s. Less then $300 is out performing more then $1,700.
But I don't have some features and on line programmability [ which I think is a major pain]. But I do have more par, coverage, and I think better spectrum.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back