What is the best bang for your buck leds

Discussion in 'Aquarium Lighting By Dana Riddle' started by Zazzy, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Zazzy

Zazzy Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

I currently have a T5 on my 90 gallon as well as some cheap leds that do nothing. Trying to spend under 500$ for some good led ehich can handle most corals. Any suggestions?!

2. mcarroll

mcarroll PM me R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

DIY....no soldering....two strips of gu10 bulbs will do it....about $150, maybe less.

3. Pdandy

Pdandy Active Member

I put two 165w mars aqua led fixtures on my 75. Less than $200 shipped for both. More than capable to grow almost anything. Just not as much controllability as other lights. No timer. IMG_5986.JPG

Harris3005, Flippers4pups and vic67 like this.
  4. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

Sbreef.com has some really nice leds

ReefNo0ob, kevlow and Flippers4pups like this.
  5. kevlow

kevlow Active Member

A lot of buzzers and bells come with different brand lights. I believe that these are there to make the reefer happy and not the reef. MH systems have been growing beautiful coral for many years with only on/off capability.
    If you can live without some of these must have features, then you can save yourself quite a bit right there.

I currently have one 32" SB Reef Light that has out produced and out performed two Radion Gen3 G30s. Less then $300 is out performing more then $1,700.
    But I don't have some features and on line programmability [ which I think is a major pain]. But I do have more par, coverage, and I think better spectrum.

Draft saved Draft deleted