WHAT IS THE BEST FISH FOR MY TANK???

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32.5g display tank and 10g sump. I’ve been doing research on what type of fish to get for it. It is currently in the cycle stage with nitrifying bacteria added. I have two clownfish (not aggressive), and a tailspot Blenny. The list of fish I have created is as follows:

2 Ocellarus Clownfish
1 Tailspot Blenny
1 Royal Gramma
1 Yellow Canary Wrasse

What’s other reef safe fish (lps and soft corals) that would be a good addition? I’m open to switching the list up (besides the clowns and Blenny).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32.5g display tank and 10g sump. I’ve been doing research on what type of fish to get for it. It is currently in the cycle stage with nitrifying bacteria added. I have two clownfish (not aggressive), and a tailspot Blenny. The list of fish I have created is as follows:

2 Ocellarus Clownfish
1 Tailspot Blenny
1 Royal Gramma
1 Yellow Canary Wrasse

What’s other reef safe fish (lps and soft corals) that would be a good addition? I’m open to switching the list up (besides the clowns and Blenny).
Avoid the Canary, these will outgrow the tank quite fast.
The only wrasse you’d fit in this tank is either a Pseudocheilinops ataenia or one of the Wetmorella species. They would have to go in first though due to aggression (I have an article on Pseudocheilinops and their care is very similar to Wetmorella).

You may be able to keep the Canary Wrasse for a month however the speed these wrasses grow will cause the need to either upgrade to Atleast a 3’ tank to come much closer. This is why I recommend avoiding them.

If you were to still go on with the Canary Wrasse, you would be maxing out your fish stocking. Again this is due to their activity level.

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2 Ocellarus Clownfish
1 Tailspot Blenny
1 Royal Gramma
1 Yellow Canary Wrasse

You could definitely go with a firefish or a perching goby. Clown gobies have my vote. Would avoid more than one blenny in that size tank since I’ve heard about blenny-on-blenny aggression, specifically when they have similar appearances and take up the same areas of the tank. I could definitely be wrong, however.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen about 50/50 opinions on new firefish with established blenny so curious how that works out for you if you get a firefish.

I want one (firefish) but worried my bicolor blenny would just harass it into permanent hiding. (Also have a fairly aggressive clown so been too scared to try)

Back