What is the best glue to adhere frags on live rock?

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, as you could probably tell I am interested in knowing what the best glue is to adhere frags to live rock. I recently purchased a thick frag glue that works very well adhering to dry plugs but do not find it to have the same results adhering to live rock under water so I was wondering what everyone is using. I usually use epoxy sticks but would prefer using something else that I could adhere directly if possible.

Fatman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a dollar store super glue gel guy. I lay the frag in place to see where I need to put the glue on the plug, then pull it out, dry off the plug and put the glue where I've decided from the trial it should best go. I use a pretty think coat. I put the frag plug on the live rock and gently twist and slide it around to spread the glue and break the skin that formed from the contact with the water. I try to hold it still for about 45 seconds and I've had great success.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best is the BRS (Bulk Reef Supply) Glue. It's better than Ecotech and every other glue I have tried. Works awesome under water.

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first add Loc-tight super glue gel...then I place the minimal amount of L.B. water-weld as I can after it has been mixed. After that, I place an amount of super glue gel where i'd like my coral.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I first add Loc-tight super glue gel...then I place the minimal amount of L.B. water-weld as I can after it has been mixed. After that, I place an amount of super glue gel where i'd like my coral.

What he said... Except I use the cheap gel from Menards where you get 3 tubes free after rebate... Frag / Super Glue / Epoxy / Super Glue / Rock

It works wonders...

fener103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually use the cheap dollar store gel on the plug, then a small amount of putty and then a little more gel, make a sandwich.

OP
OP
Steelerfan747

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a dollar store super glue gel guy. I lay the frag in place to see where I need to put the glue on the plug, then pull it out, dry off the plug and put the glue where I've decided from the trial it should best go. I use a pretty think coat. I put the frag plug on the live rock and gently twist and slide it around to spread the glue and break the skin that formed from the contact with the water. I try to hold it still for about 45 seconds and I've had great success.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am really trying not to use ant plugs. I am trying to adhere everything directly to the live rock

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back