What is the best light for my 75 gallon saltwater reef?

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone know if the current marine orbit LED lights are a good type of light??
I don't think that they are the best for Coral from what ive seen. If your on a budget the Vipraspecra lights gave been doing a great job for me my LPS and sps have been growing great! I have acropora and they have been good

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that they are the best for Coral from what ive seen. If your on a budget the Vipraspecra lights gave been doing a great job for me my LPS and sps have been growing great! I have acropora and they have been good
oooh ok that sounds cool. Do they make a 48 inche long version??

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also how is the shimmer? i dont really need amazing shimmer i just dont want the disco effect at all

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lots of experience with Mars. It supported a past mixed reef tank easily.. . . . here is pic of tank I had using Mars lighting

360eee.png
360iii.png

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mars is really comparable to vipraspectra and other lights. I think that sometimes lighting is not as important as other factors like stability flow and other important details

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mars is really comparable to vipraspectra and other lights. I think that sometimes lighting is not as important as other factors like stability flow and other important details
hmm so you are saying for a mixed reef tank mainly lps maybe put more money into flow than into lights?

OP
OP
S

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
or maybe just dont worry about getting the strongest lights because lps can handle alittle less?

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a viparspectra light can I ask what height from tank and what settings please

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm so you are saying for a mixed reef tank mainly lps maybe put more money into flow than into lights?
Sps need flow. Vipraspectra will grow LPS for sure. Lps dont need that much flow if you want to grow SPS they will not grow in a dead spot for sure
I also have a viparspectra light can I ask what height from tank and what settings please
I have a 90 gallon and two units. I have the at 65 blue 10 white

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back