What is the best schedule for AI Prime 16HD?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. And How often do they burn if you keep UV and Violet at 166%?
It’s only the UV diode lenses that have burned out for me. My hydra 52 HD’s didn’t burn out for several years but I only run them around 120%, which is not maxed. My prime 16 HD’s burned out around 10 months running the UV at max.

Yes the lenses are cheap to replace but I find it extremely frustrating that this is an issue I have to monitor, especially for premium priced products like the Hydras. Me and my acros love my hydra 52 HD’s but I have not been as satisfied with the 26’s and new prime 16.

OP
OP
Jorge Frazoa

Jorge Frazoa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s only the UV diode lenses that have burned out for me. My hydra 52 HD’s didn’t burn out for several years but I only run them around 120%, which is not maxed. My prime 16 HD’s burned out around 10 months running the UV at max.

Yes the lenses are cheap to replace but I find it extremely frustrating that this is an issue I have to monitor, especially for premium priced products like the Hydras. Me and my acros love my hydra 52 HD’s but I have not been as satisfied with the 26’s and new prime 16.
It's really frustrating. But for the value of the lenses it's better to change them than to reduce the light. Because who will suffer are the corals. When you talk about maximum UV on 16hd, how many % are you talking about?

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really frustrating. But for the value of the lenses it's better to change them than to reduce the light. Because who will suffer are the corals. When you talk about maximum UV on 16hd, how many % are you talking about?
They burned out at their max 167%
I’m now running them at 150%
My prime 16 is on a 6g sps frag holding tank that is plumbed into my main display. I was also disappointed at how high the prime 16 and 26’s need to run to produce adequate par for sps, even when applied to much smaller tanks.

OP
OP
Jorge Frazoa

Jorge Frazoa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They burned out at their max 167%
I’m now running them at 150%
My prime 16 is on a 6g sps frag holding tank that is plumbed into my main display. I was also disappointed at how high the prime 16 and 26’s need to run to produce adequate par for sps, even when applied to much smaller tanks.
They advise it to be 13". It's still a bit. I'll pull my uv to 120 and see if it burns or not. Let's see

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BRSTV
If I remember correctly, they recommended the prime be mounted at 9” for a 12” cube, which is what I have it on. But that height burned some frags even at only 200 par. Par isn’t the answer for everything.

I’m a huge fan of what Brs does, but I wouldn’t take everything they conclude as reefing gospel. Especially when it comes to products that they don’t regularly use on their own systems. I don’t know of any of them actually using hydras on their personal tanks.

AllanPritchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8C5DB9AA-4BCD-4E57-9676-D136D1DB0057.jpeg

Here it is. I’m using Saxby’s with slighly higher values.

I guess it all depends on the corals you have and how they are placed in the tank. Best advice is to choose a setting and keep for as much time as possible. Corals will eventually adapt and thrive. Many people have “simple” schedules and still have astonishing tanks!

just don’t start blasting the corals with too much light. Better to start with a lower light intensity and raise it in a second moment, if you see the corals are struggling

Hi, I started to run this schedule but I found I couldn't easily adjust the start and finish time and there were so many points to edit (wish they did a PC interface). Do you know if there is a way to slide the schedule to earlier or later ?
Cheers, Al

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I started to run this schedule but I found I couldn't easily adjust the start and finish time and there were so many points to edit (wish they did a PC interface). Do you know if there is a way to slide the schedule to earlier or later ?
Cheers, Al
Hold 2 fingers on the screen of your schedule and slide left or right

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back