What is the best way to change a lighting schedule?

Unstoppable algae!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the hydra 26hd on the pirates of the Caribbean setting. I want to change to the AB+ setting.

Should I slowly tweak over weeks not to shock corals (or will the tweaks make light more inconsistent)

Or just make sure the par is the same and go for it?

Thanks in advance

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tempting as it would be to just do an instant change. Like ripping off a bandaid, you’ll likely experience less of a change in growth and health if you go slowly by 1-2% a day on each channel change

OP
OP
Unstoppable algae!

Unstoppable algae!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tempting as it would be to just do an instant change. Like ripping off a bandaid, you’ll likely experience less of a change in growth and health if you go slowly by 1-2% a day on each channel change
Perfect, that was my 1st thought, then overthought lol thinking the minor tweaks may be more annoying for corals.
Thanks for your input!

JLavy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the hydra 26hd on the pirates of the Caribbean setting. I want to change to the AB+ setting.

Should I slowly tweak over weeks not to shock corals (or will the tweaks make light more inconsistent)

Or just make sure the par is the same and go for it?

Thanks in advance
Have you seen better growth with AB+ or Pirates? Also, i can't find the presets anywhere... can you link them?

Back