what is the coral doing?

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, i was just messing with some of the light setting, and all of a sudden, the coral shrunk way down and started, what i assume, is deficating? i attached a picture, as well as i could. most of the excretion was right after i noticed that it shrunk down. the shrinking of it, seemed like it was instant. it was fine one second, next thing you know, its much smaller, and excreting fluid. under the light, the fluid looks green. i assume that messing with the lighting may have shocked the poo out it, so to speak.

anyone ever had a coral get upset so much that it shrunk from being completely open, to this, with just change of light settings, to teh point that its also excreting a hefty amount?

i imagine it will all open back up, but ive never seen a coral do this, but again, im newer to the coral stuff, and i am a worry wart.
20210713_172941.jpg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe expelling zooanthlla as a response to light change? I moved a hammer up, closer to light and he expelled some brown stuff.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What i am

Referring to is, when you moved it, did it shrink down because of the lighting? I know that at lights out it will, but this was me changing light settings on the light controller, that I think caused it
Yes, but probably because of mechanical motion of moving.
Wait and see

Back