What is the Luckiest Thing That has Happened to your Reef Tank

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's St Patrick's Day today, so I thought it would be fun asking this question. Maybe you got lucky on a price of livestock for your tank, or maybe you even got something for free that should have been expensive. Maybe you lucked out and got rid of a nasty bacteria outbreak in your tank, maybe it's just you are thankful that you can even have a tank. Curious to see what everyone says!

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is sort of luck, but kind of just really cool. I was doing a water change and usual touch ups with a toothbrush in my reef tank, and my diamond goby for whatever reason jumped out of the tank, now that sounds normal bc they are jumpers, but mine has gotten used to my hand in the tank, even has bitten me a couple times when I come close to his shell filled cave. But this time, he did startle for whatever reason, and launched himself out of the tank like an ICBM and landed in the 5 gallon bucket that was filling with water from the siphon in the tank.

I was so shocked I threw up my hands like I just scored a touchdown.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is sort of luck, but kind of just really cool. I was doing a water change and usual touch ups with a toothbrush in my reef tank, and my diamond goby for whatever reason jumped out of the tank, now that sounds normal bc they are jumpers, but mine has gotten used to my hand in the tank, even has bitten me a couple times when I come close to his shell filled cave. But this time, he did startle for whatever reason, and launched himself out of the tank like an ICBM and landed in the 5 gallon bucket that was filling with water from the siphon in the tank.

I was so shocked I threw up my hands like I just scored a touchdown.
Glad in landed in the bucket and not the floor!!

hoffmeyerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issue I've had over the last year-and-a-half have been very minor....crap, hope I didn't just jinx it!!
Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issue I've had over the last year-and-a-half have been very minor....crap, hope I didn't just jinx it!!
Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media
Nah, you'll have a better year this year than last year!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dragging my wife to the local fish store every saturday now for like 3 months after I told her i was never gonna do saltwater again. Im lucky she hasnt killed me yet LOL
Maybe she will come to liking the salt water hobby haha

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a Wife that loves the hobby.

I've had tanks all my life. When I met my wife 12 years ago, she didn't mind the tanks (400g Display, 400g worth of frag tanks, 90g planted) and thought the fish were cool. She's been to the club meetings, the local shows, the away shows, every fish store we've ever come across. And she loves it.

She would like more tanks!

She pushed me to upgrade to the new 750g.

And now we are building her a 200g system for her attempt at breeding clownfish.

Dave B

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a Wife that loves the hobby.

I've had tanks all my life. When I met my wife 12 years ago, she didn't mind the tanks (400g Display, 400g worth of frag tanks, 90g planted) and thought the fish were cool. She's been to the club meetings, the local shows, the away shows, every fish store we've ever come across. And she loves it.

She would like more tanks!

She pushed me to upgrade to the new 750g.

And now we are building her a 200g system for her attempt at breeding clownfish.

Dave B
This for sure is a good thing!!! My wife just enjoys looking at the various fish and coral in the hobby, not so much the in depth aspects of it haha

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I won a Reef Savvy tank in the 2015 raffle with just $20 in tickets. :cool:

anabechara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dragging my wife to the local fish store every saturday now for like 3 months after I told her i was never gonna do saltwater again. Im lucky she hasnt killed me yet LOL
My husband doesn't even come with me...

anabechara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stumbled upon this hobby cause my three year old wanted a clown fish... Lucky me! Cause this is the hobby I didn't know I needed in my life!
My little tank is now my pride and joy!

And as for my tank... I ordered an ATO on Amazon and it got delivered to the wrong address. So Amazon returned my money. The luck comes when the person who received the box came to my house to return the ATO ten days later!
So my fish and corals have a free ATO!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back