What is the Meanest Fish You’ve Owned?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lepinorus are beautiful but certainly get aggressive as lone specimens. What a pretty fish! If my 240 wasn't Asian biotope themed I'd probably try to accommodate one simply because the pattern is stellar!
Just do what I do with my saltwater Indonesian dominant tank and call it a permanent tourist haha.
How have I gotten away with an African fish in Indonesia…

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Towards other fish? Orchid dottyback and sixline wrasse. Never again will I have either of them
So many people complain about sixline wrasse. I have had 3 and none were a problem. One jumped, I killed one by accident when I picked a rock and scrubbed it free of algae in fresh tap water and found my dead sixline on the bottom of the sink and left me pretty upset. I still have the third one. It just minds its own business, going in and out of the rocks and completely ignore the other fish.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
as of now, just my midas blenny. he was a super jerk to my court jester goby. after i introduced my yellow coris wrasse, his aggression lowered. now he and the yellow occasionally "flash" each other, and that's it.

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've posted about this one before elsewhere, but I had a black percula clown that was an absolute nightmare. Had her as the only fish in a 75 gallon tank, and that tank was HERS. If I put my hand in to clean, she'd bite me. I still have a small scar where she took a hunk out of me between my fingers. We had a cat that loved water, and this fish taught that cat to avoid the fish tank at all costs. Made a couple of attempts to get her a male (started with juvenile in a barred area safe from her). She'd pretend to be okay with it after a while and then kill it the minute it was let loose (sometimes a month later).

Absolute holy terror of a fish.

guna24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have few, domino damsel, koran angel, etc., but honorable mention, The Clarkii clown and he tasted my blood as well. My bubble Tip anemone splits, and this fellow literally teared anemone baby into pieces. Gone into lot of trouble due to ammonia spike. One of the terror clarkii is still with me over 2 years.

J.D.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By far my 2 daemon possessed back snowflake clowns, the male actively hunts my hands and arms during tank cleaning. The female just kills anything smaller than she is. Anytime I add a new fish the clowns get moved into the sump for a month or two until the new resident sorts out the tank. Love them and hate them at the same time…

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back