What is the Meanest Fish You’ve Owned?

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it true that in every tank (almost) there is a "King of the hill" ..? and its best to let fishes that can't hurt too much be the king ... and not a Zebrasoma or HT or triggers that can gore other fishes?

I have found that when I remove one bad guy another becomes bad ..
I don't know if this is true.... Maybe.... I truly don't know .... My inclination is that different fish have different triggers.

When I removed my 6 line, no other fish become a replacement d***. When I removed my tail spot, my clown didn't go after my new goby, etc. Just not sure what the pattern is.

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This one might be a shocker but a Starry Blenny

ADF89633-ED9D-4BD0-A856-B64573C14DDF.jpeg

I went on vacation a few months ago and left the tank under a friends care. I told him I was going to show him how to feed them but I forgot to, so I tried calling him from Zion but had no signal. I just sent him a text to just throw the frozen food in there and it will thaw out in there, but the message didn’t send until 4 days later. They were finally fed, but the Blenny fought so hard for the food every day that, he destroyed a scopus tang which caused him to get weak and was eaten by a hungry brittle star. Then he would steal food out of one of the clownfishes mouth and that led the clownfish to get weak and get eaten by a hungry brittle star. FIN

wasi99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably either my one Wyoming white clownfish or the koi tang I used to own, every time my hand was in the tank he’d come over and slap it and cut my hand open a few times

angelsandtangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small fish yellow candy hog fish was a nightmare to catch also . When I did it was like Christmas .. tessellated eel ate everything even a clown trigger ..

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a tie between my evil 'mater clown (female) and the BiColor. Got them both small and migrated them through a few tanks and the BiColor is outright rude to EVERYTHING. My foxface won't even deal anymore with it. The female clown is just the usual cranky. I have a soft spot for her since the tomato clowns are kinda dissed on due to the 'temper' issues.

Attachments

• 20210908_135335_HDR~3.jpg
    20210908_135335_HDR~3.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210519_082656_HDR~3.jpg
    20210519_082656_HDR~3.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 23

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most destructive would have to be this massive 16 year old percula clown I rescued. shredded fish double or triple its size.

Honorable mention would be my jeweled moray eel which bit me and left me with scars and sent me to the hospital.

Brent Bohannon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stars & Stripes puffer. Just like the good ole' US Army, it kicked everyone's butt. Even made me bleed a time or two.

bondsgot73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not saltwater but I had an auratus cichlid that would kill anything I added, including live plants.

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe in calling fish mean because its just art of there instinct. Probably my 1st fish, whos 3 and is still alive. He murdered 2 guppies and his currently bullying my 3rd, I'm setting up another tank tomorrow wich I will transfer him into. He should hopefully survive a day.

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably this guy. He kicked several holes in my drywall,
mascot-of-finding-nemo-clownfish-mascot-costume-customization-adult-clothing-cartoon-reality-t...jpg
drank o.j. from the carton and refused to use the litterbox. Luckily, he eventually went out for a pack of cigarettes and never came back. If you see this fish, don't believe anything he says. He's not from Michigan, He's not friends with your cousin, and if you let him crash on your couch....it will not be "just a couple of days" LOCK YOUR DOORS.
lol

DazAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was easy. Two blue damsel fish I had. They were the first fish in my first tank. The established ownership immediately. If I put another fish in there. It was killed within 24 hours. Since I was extremely new to the hobby and only had a few friends to ask what was going on at the time, I basically deducted I was terrible at fish keeping as my parameters had to be off. Nope! It was those two jerks waiting till I wasn’t around. Once I witnessed this with my own two eyes they had to go!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was mine. I had 2 and had to finally rehome them to the LFS. They would allow no new fish to be added.
IMG_6882-M.jpg

Domino damsels

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The meanest fish that I have owned over the years was also my smallest which was my Purple Dottyback. At the time it was the last fish added to the aquarium, but would chase every fish including my Yellow and Hippo Tang. For me that fish was a real A**hole.
I just ordered a purpe dottyback... I actually thought being so small it would be able to keep up with my blue/yellow tang. I didn't think he would be the aggressor. Does he annoy and kill other fish or just chase? I have a 180? I thought he could old his own not destroy my tank. He is not in the tank *yet* so I could reverse my decision.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was half purple half yellow royal grammar, my aquarium was full of colours but that guy just picked on everything, I quarantined him for 1 month but once he was back he just pecked at everything, as brilliant his colours was.. just a bully, took to lfs..

Xyloxo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, meanest is my Neon Velvet Damsel. Absolutely stunning fish but meaaan... I got a pair of them right after my cycle completed and the one is almost as big as my hand now. Luckily, I have a Sailfin tang that keeps her in check.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back