What is the meaning/utility of the "Control Circuit" when Programming GHL Doser 2.1 using GCC?

JAM-MAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL's programming terms and logic are somewhat confusing to me as a new user. They often refer to terms without defining them or their function. Control Circuit is mentioned 6 times in the GHL Doser Resource Guide, but its meaning is simply not clear to me. There are 3 Control Circuits available when programming a dosing pump. What are they used for? I'm trying to setup a simple ATO using a single sensor in stand alone mode. I'm using a splitter so I can connect two sensors, for two tanks. Should these be on the same control circuit (1,2 or 3)? Can someone enlighten me.

OP
OP
JAM-MAN

JAM-MAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. This video is a lot more helpful than the one I watched. The Control Circuit basically links the sensor signal with the desired action. In the case of the video above, a sensor signal to a socket switch. In my case, a sensor signal to a pump head on a Doser 2.1SA. My P4 has only one level port, not two. Also, the Doser 2.1SA shows a total of 3 discrete Control Circuit settings (1-3). I would find it helpful if GHL was bit more explicit in the actions each named type of control preforms, and consistently used the same name for the function in display panels. A little looser than what I'm accustomed to in programming. Seems a bit like the OS if it can be called that, has grown organically with additional functions added on and nomenclature not quite consistent. Nonetheless, I do like the equipment and functionality. No complaints there. I'll get there with the additional experience and expert help.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back