What is the minimum tank size for a yellow tang, any kind of small bristletooth tang and blue hippo tang?

Gabe aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am tank searching and I am looking for tank that can support all three of these fish and for the bristletooth tang I was looking at a Tomini tang. Also please state the name of the tank and I am not looking to spend more then $1,500 on the tank if it doesn’t include lifting or sump. But if it doesn’t the max limit is $1,500 it can be a couple bucks above though like $90.

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're gonna get answers all over the place, but at a minimum you'll want to prioritize swim space and hiding spaces. I'd say for any tank housing 2+ tangs requires 100+ gallons.

Upvote 0

went broke reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am tank searching and I am looking for tank that can support all three of these fish and for the bristletooth tang I was looking at a Tomini tang. Also please state the name of the tank and I am not looking to spend more then $1,500 on the tank if it doesn’t include lifting or sump. But if it doesn’t the max limit is $1,500 it can be a couple bucks above though like $9tang

So I am tank searching and I am looking for tank that can support all three of these fish and for the bristletooth tang I was looking at a Tomini tang. Also please state the name of the tank and I am not looking to spend more then $1,500 on the tank if it doesn’t include lifting or sump. But if it doesn’t the max limit is $1,500 it can be a couple bucks above though like $90.
Tangs need long tanks as they need swimming room. 4 tangs your looking at say 150 gal. Tank n stand will run you just about $ 1200 to $ 1500 bucks

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
150g would be ideal but minimum acceptable from having many tangs would be 90-110 gallons. Footprint is best to determine and provide at least 60" length X 18" deep

Upvote 1

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that size tank and equipment you probably will need to send upwards of 5,000 to 6,000… check facebook marketplace sometimes people sell full get ups for less but you still would be in the 3,000 range for the size tank needed for all those guys. Tominis are smaller and you can get away with a 70 there but just no yellow or blue..

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back