What is the most annoying thing about your fishtank?

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dirty GLASS! I ca not STAND growth on the inside of my glass. I am OCD about it!

Daily I am wiping fingerprints off the outside of the glass from my 2 and 3 year old daughters!

I agree with you. I'm always cleaning my glass. Just curious what you use to clean the outside of your tank?

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skimemr the Tunze 9001 is loud idk what the heck to do different to fix it

Zeal, I have the same problem with the same skimmer. I love it, but every 4-5 days it gets loud. I try to push some water through it and it seems to help for a while.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you. I'm always cleaning my glass. Just curious what you use to clean the outside of your tank?

Ammonia free glass cleaner. I spray it on a rag in another room, then very carefully wipe it down. It's an aerosol can so I never spray near tank since it's rimless with no canopy.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeal, I have the same problem with the same skimmer. I love it, but every 4-5 days it gets loud. I try to push some water through it and it seems to help for a while.

I put a foam pad under my ASM skimmer. I love the skimmer but it's soooo loud! I also put an air silencer on the intake. It is 90% more quiet than before...

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to start a thread to help the R2R community figure out solutions to these pesky problems all of us experience. It can be anything from a fish problem to a piece of equipment to some kind of unknown hitchhiker. Please include pics if you have them so we can help you figure out the best solution and hopefully learn something new in the process. I will start this thread out. I actually have 2 issues that have been bothering me lately.

1- I have a Tunze skimmer(9001) for my 45 JBJ nano tank. I love my skimmer. It works really well however, after running for a few days it starts to make a spitting sound. The best I can describe it is it sounds like I'm making popcorn. I'm not sure if something is getting inside of it or if it's a problem with air flow. The only temporary solution I found is when it starts making that sound I take the collection cup off and pour water from the tank down the inside of the skimmer and it helps for another 4-5 days. Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

2- I recently purchased a two little fishies magnetic seaweed clip. I like the clip and so do my fish. What I am finding is that when I feed seaweed my Angel nips at the seaweed right near the base that holds the seaweed and it never fails but the seaweed always comes off the clip and I find it in the intake, my filter pad, or on my MP10. I fold the seaweed up into thirds when I put it on the clip, but that doesn't help. Has anyone else had this problem or know some kind of solution?

Can you post a pic of the veggie clip?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure can. With or without food in it? I will have to wait until morning to take the pic.
By the way. I have the same clip, they are expensive but I love them.

Try folding the nori up into a small nugget. I had the same problem until I started doing so.

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to see which one you have, there are a couple different ones

aa98cabe21052a692ae0b98918c3903f.jpg

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way. I have the same clip, they are expensive but I love them.

Try folding the nori up into a small nugget. I had the same problem until I started doing so.

Do you have a pic of what it would look like?
And how big or small of a piece are you starting out with.

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut the seaweed so that its hanging out like how they use to have the small twisty wires at the grocery store. When the fish grabs and pulls, they only get that specific piece. If they want more, they can just come pluck off more.

Do you have a pic of what that would look like?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pic of what it would look like?
And how big or small of a piece are you starting out with.

I can get you one in the morning. I feed 2 full sheets a day. I have lots of tangs and angels etc. Heck even a couple of my Wrasse eat nori.

I feed ocean nutrition. 8"X7" sheets. Folded up into a 1"X3" (or so) nugget.

Rockit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wiring, cords, plugs and hoses. I absolutely fail at keeping any sort of order. Complete birds nest.
With multiple lights, pumps, heaters, controllers, pumps,skimmers, circulators, controllers, monitors, etc. etc. etc.

100 lbs of crap crammed into a space that was "full" with 25 lbs certainly doesn't help either.

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like pour water down where the foam comes from?0

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not fitting? But. My fear of setting up my ATO I have everything for. With my schedule I’m so so so mortified at the thought of coming home to a flooded house/ outlet that kicked out / fire/ earthquake and ogres. It haunts me. And I have my RODI dialed in. Just so afraid of setting this up.

Also- Gorgeous shy fish that hide once im spotted. I want nothing more than to watch them :(

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back