What is the most expensive item you bought for your tank and no longer use?

OP
OP
Grey Guy

Grey Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the most expensive thing I ever bought that I stopped using (not because it broke) was a wet/dry trickle filter that cost me a couple hundred bucks back in the day. It was large and expensive at the time. I don't miss it at all.
I salute you.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This chaeto reactor! It worked a little too well and my nitrate/phosphate would never come up above 0. Anybody want to buy it? Ha
image.jpg

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought an ATO for weekends out, proceeded to not trust it in the slightest after I observed the mechanism by which it decides if the tank is full, and continue to ask neighbors to put water in!

I spend my days fixing things that were supposed to work, which has ingrained a deep distrust of electronics and software!

RoboRabbit89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far pretty much just an in tank defrost cup. Never got the food to spin so I gave up.

Something I bought and have never used however, Neptune Salinity module....cuz apparently Neptune has one guy in a dark room somewhere building the probes by hand.

don74136

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the most expensive thing I ever bought that I stopped using (not because it broke) was a wet/dry trickle filter that cost me a couple hundred bucks back in the day. It was large and expensive at the time. I don't miss it at all.
Mine was a wet/dry trickle filter that was $450 back in 1987. I had difficulty with it after a few months. It was quite ornate.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back