What is the most expensive item you bought for your tank and no longer use?

BRS
AS
RAP

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Ecoexotic Panorama pro LED lights. Got in on the gen 1 version, which broke BUT were promptly replaced w gen 2 by the company. They even replaced again w gen 3 after LEDs burnt out on the 2’s. Paid $600 I think for the whole setup, but ultimately everything was underpowered and my whole tank died. No wonder these things are no longer available.

Bright side to this is that I replaced with a very affordable much better LED setup that I’m 6 years into now, so despite the coral losses things are good now!

SteveMM62Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Korallin 1502 Calcium Reactor. I could never get it to work right. Repeatedly Crashed my pH. Was told I needed a Luft Pump, for the effluent, more $$$, to get it to work. Still didn’t work. I have two CO2 tanks to boot, one big, and a pony bottle, when the large one is waiting on a refill. Also the Check Valve was Crap, so I replaced that.

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

Emerson

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
IceCap Metal Halide Ballast. My previous reef tank was set up with 6 x VHOs. I never could keep clams or SPS and figured I'd give it a shot. I bought it on closeout from an online seller that was going out of business about the time I took my tank down in 2010. By the time I set up again in 2017, LEDs had come so far I decided to go with them to cut down on heat. Now I'm running 3 x Kessil A360 with 4 x T5. That ballast is still sitting new in the box!

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Bought a RoboSnail Auto Glass Cleaner many years ago.

Was fun to setup and watch but once the novelety wore off it has been put back in box and just collecting dust for a while. (outside tank).
I've got one of those in my closet as well. I didn't pay attention to the glass requirements and the tank I got it for was to thick and all the other tanks I had where to small for it to really be used on.

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
was debating whether it was the Theil wet dry trickle filter with air power skimmer, auto top off float and a ton of bio balls. Used it up through the mid to late 90s on my 300 gallon tank OR more recently an ATI 4 bulb t5 fixture on my 75 that just didn’t have the par. Should’ve gone with the 6 or 8 bulb fixture. Luckily I won two Radion G4 XR15s and replaced it. Just can’t bring myself to sell it though

Avast
BRS

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 165 41.4%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 35 8.8%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 174 43.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 14 3.5%
http://www.marcorocks.com/