1   0   0
Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gumball i got from the vending machine...

Really though, she will call me sometimes and ask how (insert restaurant here) was when i talk to her in the afternoon because she saw it in our bank record. She is more thorough than the IRS!

(But she is also a saver and does all our finances... money flows through me quicker than water out the powerhead!)
Same here can’t spend a dollar without her knowing

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband handles our finances so he knows how much everything cost. He'll sometimes ask me to put a hold on my spending but he's been great really at letting me get the things that I really need like the lights.

At most there were a few of the 'it's better to ask forgiveness than permission' purchases.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stranger half actually spends more on my tank than I do.

So suddenly I have euphyllia and goniopora. because 'The clownfish might want a home'...

Meanwhile the clownfish chill out next to the clamp for the lights like 'I got a home'...

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was her idea to get a larger tank than the fluval 13.5 I started with. i said my ex made me cheap out on everything back in the early 2000’s and struggled the entire time and if we were going to do it I wanted it done right. Since then she doesn’t say anything about equipment purchases and 95% of livestock and coral she has picked out anyway and knows how much it costs before we buy it. Heck, sometimes she picks out stuff I would even be hesitant to spend so much on but she never tells me I can’t buy anything including car parts for my WRX!

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not a single thing. If you are lying or hiding things from your partner, you're doing it wrong. My wife is my best friend. She has her passions, and I have mine. We set our monthly play money budgets and adhere to them (mostly).

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My stranger half actually spends more on my tank than I do.

So suddenly I have euphyllia and goniopora. because 'The clownfish might want a home'...

Meanwhile the clownfish chill out next to the clamp for the lights like 'I got a home'...
She's a keeper.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a single thing. If you are lying or hiding things from your partner, you're doing it wrong. My wife is my best friend. She has her passions, and I have mine. We set our monthly play money budgets and adhere to them (mostly).
Well said! Been married for 24 years and my wife encourages me to buy stuff for the tank. Just like she buys stuff for her parrots.

stevolough

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A dozen years ago I Had a 90 gallon with a slotted canopy. Put my 2 day old 4 i phone on it. Went to lift canopy and in it went. Had to run out and pay cash for a replacement. Didn’t want her to know I was that stupid.

mjszos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the trope, but nothing. I'm lucky my partner is interested in the hobby (as a viewer, she doesn't want to be involved)... I think having to hide purchases from your SO is a bad sign, but to each their own.

Signalhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2019 Dodge challenger. Benefits of own or different finances. She was so mad, didn't talk to me for two weeks. Now where is the down side?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back