What is the one NON-REEFING TOOL you CANT live without?

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people find life hacks through out daily life, but in the hobby there are many day to day items us reefers somehow are able to utilize within this hobby of ours! So... the question at hand tonight is what is your favorite non-reefing related tool that helps you out through out your day to day activities in this hobby?

Mine? The common toothbrush. So useful to get into tiny places for algae cleaning, frag plug beautification, and overall can be a fairly handle glass cleaner.

Now lets hear it from you all! What is yours?

1618362014053.png

BEHOLD THE ALMIGHTY TOOL OF KING TIDE CORALS... BOW DOWN!

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this strainer that was part of a salad Tupperware set. It is small enough to easily hang from the euro-bracing with rubber bands. Use it for things I want to either get out of the tank but can't get to the store/friends/etc or acclimate things for a little bit.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought a small squeegee to use for attaching the vinyl black background on my nano tank.

I now use it regularly to keep the outside of the tank glass clean.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turkey baster
Baby bottle cleaner
20D and 30D lenses (gives high mag of frags for hitchhikers)
Boat paddle (small, $9 at walmart) - used for quick mixing of salt into water in Brute trash can
Various brushes for algae removal

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people find life hacks through out daily life, but in the hobby there are many day to day items us reefers somehow are able to utilize within this hobby of ours! So... the question at hand tonight is what is your favorite non-reefing related tool that helps you out through out your day to day activities in this hobby?

Mine? The common toothbrush. So useful to get into tiny places for algae cleaning, frag plug beautification, and overall can be a fairly handle glass cleaner.

Now lets hear it from you all! What is yours?

1618362014053.png

BEHOLD THE ALMIGHTY TOOL OF KING TIDE CORALS... BOW DOWN!
Meat thermometer probe

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know if it counts as a non-reefing tool but I also bought an acrylic tube, to make Kalkwasser container, that I have re-purposed.

Instead of using it for that, I slide pellets down it to spot feed my sexy shrimp.

langhuang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turkey baster
Feeding tongs - I very like this one , when I pick up something in tank and feeding anemones

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back