What is the white spots on my zoanthid and how do I make the coral colors more vibran?

CoralsComeInMoreColors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20g nano reef tank that has been through hell, and I was able to recover everything in the tank thankfully. Everything seemed happy but I noticed some white spots on the flowers of my zoanthid, I don’t know if it’s something I should be cautious about.
image.jpg

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hard to tell from this photo, but looks like a natural part of the pigmentation to me.

The main factor in coral coloration is lighting. Lighting both causes corals to physically shift in coloration, and makes them appear to be different colors. What lights do you have, on what setting?

(Also, keep in mind that many, if not most, dealer photos are edited to make the colors more impressive. They'll never actually look like that in person.)

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
zoa genetics. every zoa morph eventually changes in every tank. this could very well be it changing color.

OP
OP
CoralsComeInMoreColors

CoralsComeInMoreColors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from this photo, but looks like a natural part of the pigmentation to me.

The main factor in coral coloration is lighting. Lighting both causes corals to physically shift in coloration, and makes them appear to be different colors. What lights do you have, on what setting?

(Also, keep in mind that many, if not most, dealer photos are edited to make the colors more impressive. They'll never actually look like that in person.)
This is the lighting I use, most of the time it’s on the blue or white color setting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 16

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen similarly colored zoas that have white spots on them. Unless the spots are raised and/or on the stems, which would potentially indicate zoa pox, it's probably just their coloration.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a 20g nano reef tank that has been through hell, and I was able to recover everything in the tank thankfully. Everything seemed happy but I noticed some white spots on the flowers of my zoanthid, I don’t know if it’s something I should be cautious about.
image.jpg
Try giving these zoa Gentle bursts with a turkey baster to drr if they dislodge. While they appear as some sort of eggs, may be debris

FL_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like stargazers to that have lost their coloration. I had some very bright sunny d’s that went almost brown when my phosphate got really high. Over time they colored back up to a neon orange

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back