13   0   0
Black Bugs

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After thousands of dollars of livestock gone/missing for a couple of years, Bobbit worm wins for me.

Greater than 3 feet Bobbit worm in my tank.

Six foot Bobbitt worm in a Reef tank

Rather you than me.yuk,would freak me the f### out but would have to get it out ha ha

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we counting microscopic pests? If so Cryptocaryon irritans for sure if not I would say any of the pest nudis once they're in your display you'll always have eggs somewhere waiting to hatch.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this neighbor that always comes over when I want to do something on my tank and the only thing he knows about fish is broiled or fried. :rolleyes:

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermitted snails.
quick question.. does anyone know how to get rid of those snails? the vermited ones (spelling may be off) but i think we are having an issue with them.. please any advice will be appreciated! we have corals as well as fish in our tank.

Taki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen dinos beaten before at least 20 times but never seen a single neomeris invasion about ten sprigs or more beaten not once ever in reefing, so I guess its #1

the plant that the marine algae database calls moderately easy to grow lol

vs 1 sprig of that plant, I'd input 4 mils of someone's best prorocentrum slurry.

marine-macroalgae-neomeris-annulata.jpg

They're digging in the rocks via acidic holdfasts like dandelions from hades. Go ahead kill them here, put bleach on them, put some windex on it they'll just pop up on the underside where there is no light. You will never escape, quit reefing if you get one of these it's a sign.
I have these as well and they’re starting to get big. Please tell me I can remove the rock and pull them with tweezers. Can I kill the leftover root by dabbing it with something strong like peroxide or bleach? Will an urchin eat them?

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monti Nudis 8 would say. Havent had them in tank. But had them.a few times in qt and each time it took weeks with weekly dips to deal with them and many times monties didn't make it through the dips.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taki those annulata have boring holdfasts that go down into the rock and pop up elsewhere, try this way to see if helps

take out a test rock and with a flathead screwdriver cleaned off, press down under it, score the rock with a dig, lift out the sprig. Clean the whole test rock that way leaving little dig pits n scrapes. Set test rock back in and compare it to other treatment methods for best outcome

peroxide won’t help bleach kills the rock save that for last

Taki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taki those annulata have boring holdfasts that go down into the rock and pop up elsewhere, try this way to see if helps

take out a test rock and with a flathead screwdriver cleaned off, press down under it, score the rock with a dig, lift out the sprig. Clean the whole test rock that way leaving little dig pits n scrapes. Set test rock back in and compare it to other treatment methods for best outcome

peroxide won’t help bleach kills the rock save that for last
So chisel it at the base. I’ll give that a try

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworms, when I moved my tank cross country when I cleaned it out there were thousands in the bottom of my overflow. THOUSANDS! Looked like some writhing mass of hellspawn and flesh. I can’t even describe in words what it looked like out on the lawn, my dad and I joked about how we probably just created the movie tremors. One was thickets than a pencil and over a foot long. I will never forget that scene.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My answer is... the one you're currently fighting with. :cool:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fighting Conches...... you don't know what it takes to even get rid of them.......
Huh? You're talking about these guys??

1663182993495.png

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back