What is this Algae?

wilecyote007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey wanted to update. I beefed up my cuc and went lights out a couple times. Seems to be keeping slime algae at bay. It is growing still. I switched my flow patterns,30% wc last 2 weeks. I did remove my filter sock though. Looked like it was catching a bunch of stuff but i feel it was a part of the problem. Toothbrush is a great idea. I have it attached to the end of my suction hose so when i do a wc i scrub and it sucks it right out. Long story short cuc will be my best tool for combating this.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey wanted to update. I beefed up my cuc and went lights out a couple times. Seems to be keeping slime algae at bay. It is growing still. I switched my flow patterns,30% wc last 2 weeks. I did remove my filter sock though. Looked like it was catching a bunch of stuff but i feel it was a part of the problem. Toothbrush is a great idea. I have it attached to the end of my suction hose so when i do a wc i scrub and it sucks it right out. Long story short cuc will be my best tool for combating this.
Nice!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back