What is this coral and is it best fed the same way as other sps?

Nooooooooob1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get an ID on this guy and the best way to feed him. I've been using reef chili.

Screenshot_20191203-194517.png

OP
OP
Nooooooooob1

Nooooooooob1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like pavona, LPS. Small particle foods like reef nutrition oyster feast and reef roids
Very interesting! Thank you. If it's LPS, should I give it the lower flow of LPS? Or should I keep it up in the high flow area with the other SPS?

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for med to high flow, Pavona is SPS, it's also a great beginner SPS too, pretty hardy and comes in some cool growth forms, most species like P. cactus, decussata and frondifera can really only be found in green and have a cactus like growth form, P. maldivinesis is a species that grows in more of a columnar and encrusting form and is typically bright orange, but can be found green as well in rare cases.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for med to high flow, Pavona is SPS, it's also a great beginner SPS too, pretty hardy and comes in some cool growth forms, most species like P. cactus, decussata and frondifera can really only be found in green and have a cactus like growth form, P. maldivinesis is a species that grows in more of a columnar and encrusting form and is typically bright orange, but can be found green as well in rare cases.
Don't know why I said LPS, whoops ;)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back