What is this coral and why isn’t he thriving

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually i test my ph in the lab at work so my ph meter is a letter than yours ‍♂️
I don't think you got my point. pH doesn't matter and won't get harmfully lot unless you are literally dosing co2. All you are doing by chasing it is driving alk way up and killing coral.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you got my point. pH doesn't matter and all you are doing by chasing it is driving alk way up and killing coral.
Hmm maybe you’re right I’ll stop chasing it and keep up with my water changes thanks

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use lab grade meters too for pH and conductivity :) kinda a branch of the industry I work in
Yah i work in s chemical lab so we got some high tech equipment aswell hopefully this helps and the tank regenerates i was considering ordering another light just funds are tough

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like pocillopora to me. Is the back side bleached or dead? May not be getting enough light.

RudyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i was told putting in an air stone with s air pump will increase ph aswell this true?
That would work if you are getting fresh air. But if there is a high level of CO2 in your house then you would be pumping more CO2 into your tank. That would work for a fresh water planted aquarium not so good for a salt water one. If at all possible open your house up more often or bring a air line from the outside to your skimmer. That would raise the Ph.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would work if you are getting fresh air. But if there is a high level of CO2 in your house then you would be pumping more CO2 into your tank. That would work for a fresh water planted aquarium not so good for a salt water one. If at all possible open your house up more often or bring a air line from the outside to your skimmer. That would raise the Ph.
not running a skimmer you think i should look into getting one? having some nitrate problems aswell

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Coral is a Pocci.

green%20pocillo%20sm%201-11-16.jpg

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar looking Coral near my hammer. Pretty sure the hammer was stinging it. Try moving it farther away from the hammer and see if it stops.

You know i read that online aswell i moved it across the tank maybe it’ll help also do a water change tomorrow

Any worse since the move or did that seem to stop the problem in its tracks?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back