OP
OP
S

Stingrayguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No snails have ever been in the tank. This stuff has been growing all over the tank. Only thing in it is stingrays and isopods and algae and now this stuff.

JAC-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they move at all? The pattern makes me think they are fixed and why I thought snail eggs, but they could be copepods. They typically kind of hop around a bit every once and a while.

Other than that I'm out. But someone else will probably come in that knows more.

I have a picture of copepods eating on the algae I need to clean in my tank.

Apologies if that's grade school stuff to a collage student, I'm pretty new in the reef world.

20200920_160251.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stingrayguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not moving at all just grow up the wall from the sand bed up. Kinda reminds me of a spiderweb growing. Copepods are all over need to put a goby in with them and get some of them cut back.

JAC-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not moving at all just grow up the wall from the sand bed up. Kinda reminds me of a spiderweb growing. Copepods are all over need to put a goby in with them and get some of them cut back.
Yeah, the tank is only about a month old. Probably to soon for a mandarin, I have a yellow watchman that will hopefully get on it soon. Thanks, and hope someone can help you figure out what those are.

OP
OP
S

Stingrayguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the tank is only about a month old. Probably to soon for a mandarin, I have a yellow watchman that will hopefully get on it soon. Thanks, and hope someone can help you figure out what those are.
Hydroid jellyfish is what there called said they will disappear after about 2 months not sure where they come from.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back