What is this on my Acan?

Britttt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I recently bought a new Acan and today I've noticed these arms growing off it that look similar to a colourless Zoa or Duncan head. One of them seems to have detached from the Acan and growing out of a hole in the live rock.

I've never noticed anything like this on my other Acan that I've had for months.

I've been lucky and have had no experience with pests or hitchhikers yet.. can't seem to find anything like this on google. Please help distinguish what this is!!

Thank you!!!

Screenshot_20200404-133032.png
Screenshot_20200404-133019.png

OP
OP
Britttt

Britttt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O
Aptasia! Get it out !
Oh my you're right!! I've googled it and that's it!! Thank you so much for the quick response!! Any tips on getting it out and ensuring it doesn't come back??

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with removal, if you do it improperly they can spawn and end up everywhere. With just a couple like this, you can use boiling water or make a kalk paste. Some really great YouTube vids on the topic.

Twisted1990s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I recently bought a new Acan and today I've noticed these arms growing off it that look similar to a colourless Zoa or Duncan head. One of them seems to have detached from the Acan and growing out of a hole in the live rock.

I've never noticed anything like this on my other Acan that I've had for months.

I've been lucky and have had no experience with pests or hitchhikers yet.. can't seem to find anything like this on google. Please help distinguish what this is!!

Thank you!!!

Screenshot_20200404-133032.png
Screenshot_20200404-133019.png
Aiptasia: best to get them under control right away. Joe's Juice works really well. Also get some peppermint shrimp.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back