What is this on my zoas?

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had these for a bit,was thinking about putting these in my display until i seen these all over it,I gave them a fresh water dip and a dip in revive but they are still on the coral any help
20190610_140234.jpg

OP
OP
JEREMY82

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its staying in my bio cube.. I put them in pitcher of fresh water and swirled it reallly hard they didnt come off..dipped in revive didnt come off either

OP
OP
JEREMY82

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Thats looking like my next mission on them .. I will just have to wait a day or 2 before I go that route .. stressed em out yesterday

Sailfinguy21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the substrate you have in the cup to me..

They may not be zoas.. palythoas use the sand or little pebbles ect to cover there body. Thats ome way to tell the diff between palythoas and zoas.

Zoas and palys are hardy.. dip the coal in 50.50 water and hydrogen peroxide for 3 to 5 minutes. But im betting these are palys who are using that on their skin.. could be wrong though as they look flat lile pancakes.. what kimd of substrate were these in ? .

Try the peroxide see what happens

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that zoas and palys are quite hardy. I've often taken frags and even rocks with zoas on them, held them under a faucet with a spry nozzle and while they are in the spray used a very soft dish cleaning brush and wiped algae, sand and bristle worms off them. One day back in the tank and they look perfectly happy. BTW, make sure the faucet water is about the right temperature. It doen't have to be perfect as the zoa isn't going to be in the water stream all that long.

Wolverines19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like zoa pox. Try furan 2. Dip for 3 consecutive days then take 5-7 off and let rest. Repeat process if necessary

Back