What is this stuff growing on the chaeto in my fuge?

bucfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems to spare all the other macroalgae

Attachments

• IMG_0249 copy.jpg
    IMG_0249 copy.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 460

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like a whole buck of pineapple sponges that i am sure of you have a few of . but in order to see the rest kind of need a close up...

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ask because when I had miracle mud in my sump I had them everywhere but now I don't. Never bothered anything.

KING FOR TX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did the mud work for you?>? i want to use it but i hear a lot of dum things about it..but then agian its from ppl who haven't used it..lol

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did the mud work for you?>? i want to use it but i hear a lot of dum things about it..but then agian its from ppl who haven't used it..lol

I use ecosystem miracle mud on 3 systems works great..sorry to highjack the thread..

phil519

Got Rotifers?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how often are you pruning that? looks like sponge growth from lack of flow and lack of pruning...the whole idea behind chaeto is to have it grow fast an uptake the nutrients and harvest (remove nutrients). Maybe your tank is really low nutrients?

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to miracle mud I personally loved it. My cheato grew thick and green. I had great polyp extension of the few softies I had. My tang now has lateral line erosion and has had it since I had to change to my 75g because of a leak and I was in the middle of building a sump for it. So the sump with the mud got set in the garage in the middle of the summer and became worthless. Didn't have the money to put some in the new sump. My 150g will have it for sure. IMO if you have the money try it, is it necessary hope. Is it worth the price in my personal experience yes but it is one of those things that some people like some don't. Biopellets when the first came out I read forum after forum of people saying that they would never use them, the same with carbon dosing but now if you have a nitrate and phosphate problem then someone will point you to biopellets. Just try it and come to your own conclusions is my advice.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back