What is this

SlightlyOutraged

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few of these in the coral I just got. Does anybody know what it is

12A1D6E1-F297-46BC-88EE-CA9C7777245B.jpeg B9EB9330-B2E6-4E89-A98A-9A96FFEA54E7.jpeg

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like aiptasias, but seems odd that they would have detached and reattached to the bag during transit.

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's aiptasia, as I suspect, it will absolutely spread and a dip likely won't get them all. They're pretty resilient.

Aiptasia-x or a similar treatment is the best bet

jaime31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those things survive dips. Make sure you scrub the frags very well with a soft toothbrush. There are microscopic spores that they release that are invisible to the eye.. I took every precaution and still have them in my system

OP
OP
SlightlyOutraged

SlightlyOutraged

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those things survive dips. Make sure you scrub the frags very well with a soft toothbrush. There are microscopic spores that they release that are invisible to the eye.. I took every precaution and still have them in my system
dang. Is it worth it. It was an impulse frag. 10 bucks a head

jaime31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang. Is it worth it. It was an impulse frag. 10 bucks a head
IMO at some point down the line your gonna get them. So many tanks have them that ppl just deal with them and even most pet stores have them in the stores rent free. If you can figure out a peroxide dip without harming the frag then that would be much more affective. Not much can survive hydrogen peroxide dips

OP
OP
SlightlyOutraged

SlightlyOutraged

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO at some point down the line you’re gonna get them. So many tanks have them that ppl just deal with them and even most pet stores have them in the stores rent free. If you can figure out a peroxide dip without harming the frag then that would be much more affective. Not much can survive hydrogen peroxide dips
How much peroxide for less than a bottle of water

jaime31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot the ratio that I used I think it was either 3/1 or 1/1 but just to be safe I found a video where he does this. Also make sure to find out if candy canes can survive HP dips

Back